Solved

Porting number back to iD after previously leaving

• 26 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I left iD in December due to constant signal problems and ported my number to a new GiffGaff account. I have since had even worse problems with signal in my area so decided to swap back to iD, and my number is due to be ported back today. 

When I login to my previous iD account it obviously shows the number I've always had, but attached to my previous details so it thinks I don't have an account. When I try to register a while new account with the number, it says it's not recognised.

I'm now slightly worried that the porting back isn't going to work. Has anyone got any experience with this? Will the account issue resolve itself once the whole porting is complete, or an I going to be left with no number? I currently have no signal on either SIM.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 April 2023, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your old account was closed when you left iD last December, but is accessible for 6-months after closing.

You can’t use that old account again.

From personal experience, I know the iD systems don’t handle this situation very well @DaniJT

Thank you, my number does appear to work for Whatsapp messages now at least which is a relief, but isn't accepting phone calls yet. Did you manage to sort an account in the end? I'm not sure who/how to contact them about it.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What is your number transfer date @DaniJT?

I did set-up a new iD online account by using a different email address, when I registered online for my second spell with iD Mobile. 

In my experience, the iD social media customer support team provide the best support.
Contact them using Facebook Messenger, or send them a direct message on Twitter.

The team work until 8pm weekdays, and 6pm at weekends (and bank holidays).

A word of warning - all the iD online support channels are super busy and have been like that for over a week now, nor do iD Mobile have a telephone support helpline.

Good luck @DaniJT

The port date is today so I know I've got the rest of the day for it to sort itself out.

Thank you, I had wondered whether my other email may work so I shall give it a go later this week once the number's had a chance to fully set up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @DaniJT have you since had this sorted or did you still need help?

Mohammed

Hey @DaniJT have you since had this sorted or did you still need help?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, no my online account still doesn't work so I can't manage it or see my allowances. I'm not sure I really need to desperately though as I never go anywhere near my allowances anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @DaniJT 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom