Solved

Porting number from ID to ID via third party ... how long between switches?

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,  I’m going from an ID sim only to a monthly contract.

I understand you have to do a ‘triangle switch’ via a third party network, then switch back.

My question is, now I’ve switched from ID to “A.N.Other Network”, how long should I wait before requesting the PAC code and switching to my new ID sim?  Or can I do that right away?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Lauren 27 April 2024, 15:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably best to wait a day or two and avoid unexpected issues. 

It won’t always work if you request the PAC immediately after switching, @ajm83

I’d suggest making sure the number you want to keep works properly on “A.N.Other Network” before switching back to iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite 

I was worried that I’d have to wait for a complete billing cycle to pass, sounds like that’s not needed. The number has now successfully ported so I suppose I’ll give it a week then switch it back.

Cheers 😎

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’re not in a hurry a week should fine - just waiting a few days is probably long enough, @ajm83

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @ajm83. As a general rule, we recommend leaving the number on the pay as you go SIM for 24-hours before requesting the PAC to transfer the number onto the new iD contract. That way it should come through automatically via text.

Let us know here if you have any further questions or queries surrounding this. We’d be happy to help.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?