Question

Porting number issues

• 23 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have brought my number from Tesco mobile and was given the date of 19/06/23 for my number to port.

The port did not happen on that day. I contacted live chat and they offered solutions to rectify such as resetting network, switching off imsg etc, none of which worked.

I was told the complaint team would contact me within 48hrs, they have not.

I was told the technical team would fix this within 48hrs but they have not.

Initially my ported number was making/receiving calls, now it will not receive incoming calls or SMS and states invalid number so I don’t know how the complaints team are going to contact me as they have not at this time.

I cant access any of my apps as i can’t receive OTP from Apple, whatsapp etc.

The live chat have advised that they are still waiting for my previous provider to ‘transfer files’. This is now five days after the port date and still nothing. I find this hard to believe and was under the impression the new provider were to facilitate the porting process?

Does the number need to be ported again, do i need a new SIM? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Mobile number portability is regulated by OFCOM, but service providers don’t always adhere to the rules.

Unfortunately, when things go wrong iD Mobile don’t seem to have the resources needed to get issues fixed quickly. All you can do is keep chasing iD to get the job finished @Bren Brenaz. 

Recently, the number transfer for @SamCar96 (from Three to ID) took 3-weeks to be completed. iD Mobile said they were waiting to receive all the transfer files from Three. The gaining provider (in this case iD) is 100% responsible for getting the number transferred the next working day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bren Brenaz,

We are sorry to hear about the delay with your port.

Please let us know if you still require assistance with your port delay and we will help you out.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?