Solved

Porting timecales

• 6 January 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi

My “old” number got disconnected at 10am this morning as part of the PAC porting. However the old number has not yet moved across to replace the ID number. Anyone know how long it takes from being disconnected to being “live” again?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by NickGa 6 January 2022, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @NickGa, when I joined iD my port-in was completed mid-afternoon. It seems most ports into iD complete in the afternoon.

The port-in message I got said it should be completed between 8am and 10pm on the day of the port, but it could take until midnight.

Anyway, the OFCOM rules state the gaining provider (iD Mobile) is responsible for competing the port within 1 working day of getting a PAC - good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi

My “old” number got disconnected at 10am this morning as part of the PAC porting. However the old number has not yet moved across to replace the ID number. Anyone know how long it takes from being disconnected to being “live” again?

Thanks.

Now your old SIM’s inactive, it’s worth turning your phone OFF, for 10 minutes periodically, while you wait for the port to iD to complete.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for your reply.

The old SIM disconnected at around 10am, so I put in the new ID SIM which is still showing the ID number, so my old number has not moved across yet. The original ID number is also still showing in the app, so I guess it has not ported in yet.

Will check and do the off phone as you suggest.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2

All working now.

I'm still waiting for my old number to be ported the old sim was cut off 5his morning how long does porting take

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Porting should be completed by 5pm. Have you tried turning off your phone and turning it back on?

Userlevel 2

Can take up to 10pm I believe.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Having googled I found this:

You will experience a loss of service at some stage between the hours of 9am and 6pm - typically this is no more than a few hours but can take all day,

If your number is with Three, Smarty or any other MVNO that uses the Three network it might differ, as the number isn't really being ported, just re-routed.

Why iD Mobile?