Question

Pre-ordered Oppo Find X5 Pro concerns

• 20 March 2022
  • 5 replies

I pre-ordered the Oppo Find X5 Pro on 15/03/2022. I received an email on this day giving me an order reference. The email told me that my order is being processed, and that I should get in touch if I don’t receive another email about this processing in the next 24 hours. 

I received another email on 15/03/2022 telling me that my order is still being processed. This second email also stated that, “ Although the product you ordered is currently out of stock or on 'pre-order', were expecting it shortly, so it should be with you soon.

In the meantime were going to prepare your order by running your credit check and taking payment (but only if your order requires it).”

The uprfont cost for the phone was charged to my bank account on 16/03/2022 to Carphone Warehouse. I haven’t received another email from iD Mobile since. I tried to get in touch using the chat bot, but I’ve been unable to find my iD customer service pin as I do not have an iD mobile number. 

I’m unsure whether my order is still being processed and where I can use my order reference online to check on my order status. The phone is said to be releasing on 24/03/2022. If my order is processed and accepted, I am unsure whether I will receive my phone on this date or later on. 

Overall, I am concerned that I might not receive my new phone for a long time if at all. I’m confused by the support in place at iD Mobile, as it seems impossible to use the chat bot without already having an iD Mobile number, and I’m not completely comfortable with posting my concerns publicly as I have been forced to do.

Any help with my pre-ordering concerns would be greatly appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Hi Harry,

Just wanted to echo the same concerns here too. Same emails and lack of information on when to expect to receive the new find X5 Pro.

My existing contract with a different network ends on the 26th and I’d like to be able to transfer to my new phone before this date to avoid extra charges. 

All other providers are promising delivery of this phone for launch. I ordered from iD due to the fantastic price, I hope this hasn’t stung me! 

Having said this, carphone warehouse are also offering delivery for the 24th, and from what I can see they are the parent company of iD. Hopefully this means we’ll receive the phone at the same time. 

After looking around the community board some more, it turns out that you can talk to a iD mobile agent through the live chat if you use your own mobile number and explain that you aren’t an iD mobile member yet so you don’t have a customer service pin.

The agent then sent me a form where I confirmed my email address and a few other details. After a while they told me that my order has been successfully placed, and that I will receive an email confirming that my order is being sent out to me, which I assume will be sent out on 23/03/2022.

It’s a weird system but I’m pretty sure it’s all gonna arrive on time with no problems. Hopefully it all works out for you too myfriend!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Josh Norman, @Harry Jessop, just checking in to see if you received your phones today?

Thank you,

Rory

Yep received mine earlier today, not sure where the free earphones and smart watch bundle is but I'm hoping it'll turn up soon

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Harry Jessop,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?