Question

Problem for new user if email not verified - cannot post or ask anything

• 5 March 2024
  • 5 replies

This seems like a bad design issue.

I registered for an ID Community account and (it seems) didn’t verify the email address.

Today I came to answer a question on the community and got the error code that I do not have permission to post to ID Community.  Fair enough, but absolutely nothing hinted at why that might be.

I contacted ID Mobile Live Chat who said that the Community is nothing to do with them and suggested I ask the question to the Community, which of course I could not do.  Stuck - Catch-22

In the end I have registered a new email address, verified it and can now post (hence this message).  But it seems that there should at least be an option to re-send the verification email.

Or, when the “You do not have permission to post to ID Community” messages throws up, to  have a few suggestions about why that might be.

It also seems that I cannot now delete the old account (using the previous e-mail).  I can login to the Community with it, but it has no other options, because the e-mail address wasn’t verified.  And no option to re-verify it.

Bad design, if nothing else.

Anyone got any comments/thoughts?

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD community manager or a proxy should be able to delete the unwanted account, @Kalico

The iD community isn’t a real-time forum, so things often take a while to progress, nor do iD staff necessarily read user posts on a daily basis.

🤞

The iD community manager or a proxy should be able to delete the unwanted account, @Kalico

The iD community isn’t a real-time forum, so things often take a while to progress, nor do iD staff necessarily read user posts on a daily basis.

🤞

OK, thanks for the heads up.  Will the manager contact me?

Still not a great design - most websites have a “Resend verification e-mail” option.  And a mention on the page that just says “You are not authorised to post”, suggesting that the account may not be verified, would be a good steer.  Better than leaving users to work it out for themselves.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Kalico, not sure who would communicate with you, but I’m sure iD welcome feedback. 

Thereafter, iD would probably speak with their supplier (which might be GainSight).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kalico,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for your feedback it might be something that @Nikhil P will have a look at.

However can you please confirm your other Community username and we can remove it if you would like.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Kalico

Thanks for your feedback. 

I’ll look into how we can improve the process and messaging. 

As for the email address you used when first attempted to sign up, can you DM me the email address please, and I’ll get the account deleted. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?