Question

Problem Registering on community page

• 7 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am new to ID and when I tried to register on this community page it said my email account was already registered, so I pressed the forgot password and received an on screen message saying an email has been sent to reset my password. I never received the email I am now logged in via my Facebook account but I am now worried that someone else is using my email address. Can you help please.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The “Forgot password” message informing you that an email has been sent to reset your password is displayed no matter what email address you enter, registered or not. If you haven’t received the email its likely no account exists. 

Userlevel 1

So why then when I tried to register with my email it say email address already registered?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried recovering your p/word by using your iD Community username @Hgap?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So why then when I tried to register with my email it say email address already registered?

No idea. I just tried the link to reset my password and I received the email almost immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hgap 

If you request a password for a used email address you should get that reset password email, if you don’t it’s possible no account was registered with that email address.

Are you definitely trying to register with the correct email address? Autofill isn’t interfering in any way?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have only just switched to ID, so tried to register on here, it said the email address was already registered so asked for password reset but didn’t get any email, definitely using the correct email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Hgap,

Please note, that the Community and our Website Self-care service are 2 separate accounts.

I’ve only found 1 account tied to this email you’ve used for your account.

Community usernames are not emails but text usernames. In your case it’s Hgap

You may be referring to the Self-care log-in which the username is in email format and this is how you manage your account.

The Community is just a forum for discussion.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?