Solved

Problem transferring my old number.

• 23 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just received a new Samsung Galaxy S23 and SIM card from iD but am having problems transferring my old number. Each time I enter the details PAC code, transaction number etc I keep receiving a message that the details are not correct, but they definitely are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Graham

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 May 2023, 15:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Graham Hunter,

Make sure the Transaction number is the one beginning with 4.

This is found on your Welcome to iD email and may be in your spam/junk folder.

Did you submit a request when making the purchase? If so, you won’t need to submit a second request.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Many thanks Mohammed. Although the automated response was telling me that some of the information was incorrect, the number did porter across yesterday afternoon. Thanks for your help though

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Many thanks Mohammed. Although the automated response was telling me that some of the information was incorrect, the number did porter across yesterday afternoon. Thanks for your help though

Glad to hear that @Graham Hunter  thanks for confirming.

Mohammed

I am also in the same position. I registered for the account today. I did originally did my pac details when I ordered the phone. Should I give it a couple of days to see if it works?

in the mean time do U use the number ID have supplied?

another question, will my original account be shut down automatically or do I have to contact Vodafone?

many thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jidder 

The port would happen on the date given/selected at checkout, the port will complete on that date between 8am and 10pm, with the use of a PAC code the old network’s plan will automatically be cancelled, you won’t need to contact Vodafone to cancel.

We would use the iD Mobile number until the port completes, then it’ll be the number you ported over.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?