Question

Problems ordering a new SIM

• 15 September 2022
  • 4 replies

I received this email.

We need to speak to you about your order reference: REMOVED

Some details on your order need to be updated so can you please call our support team on 0207 1391 397. The details that need checking could be:

• Card/Bank Details – The card and bank details you give should be registered under your own name. Also, your billing address needs to be the same as your delivery address.

• Invalid Delivery Address – We can only deliver to your billing address for security reasons. There are also some addresses that we can’t deliver to, such as halls of residence or overseas addresses.

• Too many plans ordered – We currently only allow each customer to have a maximum of two iD plans at any one time.

• Existing Mobile Number Required – We need this as part of our credit checks, so please make doubly sure you enter your valid mobile number.

Our lines are open Monday-Friday 9am until 7pm and Saturday 9am until 5.30pm. Bank holiday opening hours are 9am - 5.30pm. We look forward to your call.

I tried calling the number in the email, and wait so long to talk with someone, but no call centre answer.

How should I do?

Could I just order a new sim again?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe try calling again - the 020 7139 1397 telephone number is the iD telephone sales team.

Anyway, good luck @pkarucha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @pkarucha,

You’ll need to call during the opening times. The only way to progress your order is to speak to an agent as there may have been an issue and the order not successful.

You can also try replacing the order in a Currys store.

Mohammed

Thanks for all answers.

I decided to use other providers that open a new sim more easily.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@pkarucha,

If you require further assistance with anything in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?