Solved

Problems setting up iphone 14

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m getting rather frustrated attempting to set up my new iphone14 by linking it to my old iPhone to transfer all the data. I’m now on my 4th attempt. During the set up it keeps wanting to instal software 17.0.3 but appears to keep sticking whilst installing. After selecting ‘install now’ the spinning cursor appears on screen next to the words ‘install now’. I’ve been leaving it for hours but without success.

You do not appear to be able to opt to install the update later (ie after you have set up the phone & all data transferred). You can’t even access any other screens on the phone whilst the update screen is displayed. 
The only option I have is to end the set up and start again but keep experiencing the same issue.

please can anyone offer any help or advice as I current don’t have a phone I can use.

icon

Best answer by Michael mobile 18 October 2023, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you contacted Apple support for assistance setting up your new iPhone @Michael mobile?

My suggestion is install iOS 17.0.3 on your old iPhone, and then your new iPhone @Michael mobile.

Once both your iPhone devices are running the same iOS version, try using the quick transfer process from the new iPhone.

Thanks, I contacted Apple Support via chat but they couldn’t resolve the issue. They eventually had to book me an appointment at an Apple Store.  The colleagues there even experienced difficulties getting the phone to accept the software, spending 2.5hrs sorting it. They said I wouldn’t have been able to sort this myself at home. I found the colleagues in store to be extremely helpful & would advise anyone experiencing similar issues to contact Apple.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good to know the staff in your Apple store got things sorted. 

I think I possibly had something similar trying to transfer data & settings from iPhone 12 to iPhone 13, which I worked around by doing an iCloud backup from the iPhone 12, then restoring the data from iCloud to the iPhone 13.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael mobile,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that Apple managed to get this sorted.

If you require any assistance, you can get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?