Solved

Problems trying to change plan

• 15 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi

Five weeks ago I upgraded my contract to a monthly fee of £7 and 20 GB data from
the existing £6 per month / 2GB.
I received a new sim but did not activate it as I wish to keep my existing number as per instructions.
To date my data allowance has not been increased 

Today I have attempted to upgrade [again] to the same contract  £7 pm / 25GB data. this time.

I wish to keep my own number  but for some reason I am being asked to obtain a PAC number to close off my old provider.

As my old provider " IS " IDMobile a PAC number should not be required.

Is there any way to actually speak to somone ? Live chat never works.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 15 January 2024, 15:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can contact iD support privately using social media, @SueLok
Have you tried using Facebook Messenger, or an X (formerly Twitter) DM? 

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SueLok 

It sounds like you may have purchased an entirely new plan and not upgraded your existing one, were you given a new iD Mobile number with your first ‘upgrade’?

Please let us know if you still need support with this or if you’ve managed to get in touch via social media as suggested by @andewhite above.

Tom

Hi Tom

After four hours on chat I have managed to resolve things , sort of , but to avoid paying a ridiculous penalty fee of over £70 on a a sim I have never used I have had to accept a new number.

A note to others. There is an issue in the wording on all the web pages . When simply asking for a new plan the words Plan and Upgrade are interposed…...for example

Just upgraded?

If you've just upgraded, you can continue using your existing SIM card. Your new plan will be active within 24 hours.

Its not surprising complications arise when instead of refering to a new “plan “ they start talking about “Upgrades”

I think this is something that needs to be addressed.

Thanks again

Sue