Question

Proof of Barring which includes Device Model

• 23 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have unfortunately lost my phone and I am going through the process of claiming a replacement through my insurance. I asked iD for proof of barring which they supplied, but when I sent it to my insurance they did not accept it as it had to include the handset make, model, gigabyte, IMEI number and the date and time of barring. 

It has the IMEI, date and time of barring but not the handset make, model and GB. Is it possible to request this document with the required device information? 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did iD Mobile sell you the phone?

No, I bought the phone outright from BackMarket. But iD have my IMEI number on the form already so surely they can add the phone model too, so the insurance will be happy with my claim.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No, I bought the phone outright from BackMarket. But iD have my IMEI number on the form already so surely they can add the phone model too, so the insurance will be happy with my claim.

iD Mobile won’t know the exact model details of your device. Only the IMEI is logged with the network, not the make, model, colour and/or storage size. Your insurance company likely wants proof of purchase and proof of bar. Your invoice from BackMarket should contain all the required information and show the IMEI number. Give them this and the proof of barring provided by iD Mobile and you should be ok...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Decland Wren,

As @WelshPaul  advised, we won’t have record of your purchase so can’t provide details on the handset.

The IMEI will tell us what phone it is via an IMEI check but we wouldn’t add this on as the device wasn’t sold by us.

For Proof of Usage requests, we would only provide the IMEI, date of barring and first/last usage where applicable.

You can get an invoice as above confirming the purchase and this should be suitable.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?