Question

Refer a friend voucher was the wrong value

• 20 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I’ve just received my curry’s voucher for using the refer a friend scheme. It was only for £15, when it should be £30, as I bought a 24 month contract. Has anyone had experience with this. I can’t see any reason it was only a £15 voucher

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PrettyPurple,

Welcome to the Community!

Was it a handset contract or a SIM only contract?

For handsets:

Get rewarded £30 each when your friend buys a 24-month phone plan using your referral link. We'll send you both a £30 Currys gift card when they submit their account number and make two full bill payments.

For 24 Month SIM only contracts:

Get rewarded £15 each when your friend buys a 12 or 24-month SIM Only deal using your referral link. We'll send you both a £15 Currys gift card when they submit their account number and make two full bill payments.

I hope this helps.

Kash

This needs correcting on your website. the T&Cs make no distinction between phone plan and sim only plans. the website interface  (https://www.idmobile.co.uk/refer-a-friend) leads customers to believe a 24 month sim-only contract leads to a £30 voucher when choosing the length of the contract, you do not specify what kind of contract. The distinct difference is only shown under the 12 month contract option on the webpage. . 

Userlevel 1

Just read your post and now expect this to apply to me also. My wife signed up for a 24 month SIM only deal and I expect both of us to receive £30 vouchers as per the screen shot I have attached. There is no mention of there being different amounts for handset or SIM only deals. My wife wanted the 24 month deal so we never even looked at the 12 month option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @PrettyPurple & @doc1964 

Taking a look at the linked website we can see that the 24 month £30 offer is described as a 24 month phone plan, the 24 month SIM only plan is not mentioned on this, the 24 month SIM only offer is under the 12 month page.

I’ll feed this back, however a 24 month SIM only referral would be eligible for the £15 Currys voucher each offer, not the £30 one.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?