Question

refusing to

• 16 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Been with ID for many years on sim only plan, wanted iPhone on monthly plan and to be able to keep my number had to request PAC and transferred to Lebara on the 13.4.2020, on the 14.4.2022 my number was transferred and is assigned to Lebara SIM card. My ID mobile account should have been closed but it’s not. Chatted with Id mobile and nobody can help me as I’ve been told transfer of my number is pending and to contact Lebara, contacted Lebara and they told me it has been successfuly transferred which is true cause number is now on Lebara SIM card. ID mobile is blaming Lebara but number has been transferred! Because of the ID mobile refusing to close my account after the successful number transferred and saying it’s pending I can not transfer the number back to my new iPhone plan with ID mobile. So frustrated because now I am paying 3 plans, 2 with ID mobile and 1 with Lebara which I initially wanted only for few days. As I said my number is active on the Lebara SIM card. Now it looks like ID mobile will never cancel my account even the number is with different network and I won’t be paying 3 plans to keep the iPhone and therefore it looks like the only solution is to send iPhone back, cancel my direct debits and get iPhone from different network. Will also complain to Ofcom and send them all the copies of the chats with ID Mobile. Will you sort it out or do I send it back and cancel direct debit? (And honestly I don’t care about it affecting my credit records cause I never had or needed any loans)

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Interesting, do incoming calls and texts to the ID Mobile number go to the Lebara SIM?

A failed or split port is the responsibility of the gaining provider to resolve (which would be Lebara in your case). You need to take this up with Lebara, but I'm interested to know if inbound calls and texts are being sent to the Lebara SIM.

Userlevel 1

It’s distressing reading this kind of account.

ID mobile should up their game or they will lose customers in drooves.

I’m new to the service and the 1st two accounts I’m reading here are horrendous to put it lightly

If you pay ID mobile by direct debit, why not cancel that? They may get in touch at that point

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You have no idea how UK porting agreements work. There are two issues at play here…

1. The OP didn’t check his accounts to ensure that they were all in order, closed etc.
  2. The OP waited two years before contacting iD Mobile
  3. The OP probably didn’t raise the issue with Lebara until 2 years later too

This complicates things. Only the gaining provider (Lebara) can raise an issue with a failed, incomplete or split port. There is nothing the losing provider (iD Mobile) can do other than maybe look at the account and provide information on its current status.

That is why I asked if incoming calls and texts all go to the Lebara SIM. If outgoing calls on the Lebara SIM show the caller ID as the ported number but inbound calls fail or go to the iD Mobile SIM still then the port never went ahead and that is why the iD Mobile account remains open.

I do apologise but the date was meant to be 13.4.2022 not 2020. Sorry for the typo

And both incoming and outcoming calls works at my Lebara SIM card and shows with the number ported from ID mobile 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK, so what makes you think that your iD Mobile account is still active? You will receive a final bill, and you still get online access to your iD Mobile account for six months after leaving. This is to allow you to view your final (and previous) bill(s).

14/04/22 was last Thursday. We've just had Easter bank holiday weekend (Fri-Mon). Maybe iD Mobile didn't complete everything on the day of the port. Have you tried logging in to your iD Mobile account today? Do you see a red banner informing you that you've left iD Mobile?

Userlevel 1

Contact your bank. Under the DD guarantee, if payment is taken in error you should be refunded. Clearly if you have service from Lebara, your contract is now with them and ID should not be charging you. If you have online banking check if you yourself can immediately stop the DD to ID

Why iD Mobile?