Question

Register new sim on iPad

• 2 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just joined ID Mobile - first with a Sim only deal on iPhone and then with a SIM for my iPad. It seems I have to operate each SIM with a different email address and account (please correct me if I am wrong).  I have registered my iPhone SIM but at the moment I am unable to register an account and different email address  associated with my iPad SIM as I can’t receive the SMS security code on my iPad.  I would be grateful if someone could let me know how to get round this so I can set up my iPad account.  Thanks very much.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I realised that I could just put the iPad sim into the iPhone in order to receive the sms and then swap it back so all sorted now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @19Colin61,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m glad to hear that the issue is now resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Can’t use app. t least smarty said email code. My iPad doesn’t have sms on it. So can use app or register as expects me to be using a phone not a device that I just use data on.

How else do I monitor my usage?
I don’t have a phone as just use my iPad and online face calls ?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

An iPad with a SIM card slot (cellular model) should be able to send and receive SMS text messages using the Messages app, @Dig Bee

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dig Bee 

We’d only recommend usage of our SIM cards inside our supported devices, usage in another device may see disruptions or more in how the services work.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets

You’ll be able to use the iPad with the iD Mobile app/website, however to register you’ll need that SMS verification code.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?