Question

Replacement sim not working after activation after old one lost/stolen

• 27 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Old phone was lost so bought replacement sim, activated it, and put it in new phone but it has been 24 hours and still showing no signal 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dylan Chase,

Did you request the other SIM be blocked when you lost it?

If so, you need to request the SIM be unblocked, as all SIM cards on the account will be blocked until that happens. If you’d like us to do this for you, let us know and we’ll drop you a Private Message.

Will

Yes I did block request the old one to be blocked. Thank you that would be helpful.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

No wrries @Dylan Chase 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’ve received my new phone and sim today after upgrading due to loosing my phone last weekend. I activated my sim but it’s not working. I had my old sim blocked, can someone tell me if this needs to be unblocked for the new sim to work? Thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Leannes91,

Your iD account has probably been locked out as you reported your phone lost or stolen.

Your best bet is to contact iD using the Live Chat service when their customer service team are online, which is 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.  

Type “talk to a person” once you’re connected on chat to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Otherwise you can wait for iD to reply here in due course - good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for replying. I’m able to get into my id account so it’s not locked but I did speak to someone via live chat Saturday morning who blocked the SIM card for me so I think it’s to do with that as my new SIM card is my old number. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Leannes91, I didn’t mean your iD My Account online.

The internal account that iD link to your device and you iD SIM has probably been locked out - you can’t unlock without talking to iD - good luck. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Leannes91, yep, sounds like your account is still blocked due to reporting the lost SIM. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for replying. I managed to speak to someone via live chat and the issue was resolved. Thanks. 

Why iD Mobile?