Solved

Reporting identity fraud

Hi,

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone and credit card contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

Can you please let me know how I report the fraud and shut the 1D account as soon as possible?

Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 October 2020, 16:10

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @iDmobile1,

I’m really sorry to hear that.

We’ll get a PM sent over to you right away so we can pick this up for you.

Please respond there.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Hi,

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a  final demand notice letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone and credit card contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

I am shocked there is no phone number or email address I can get in contact with you guys. And I need to get this shut down as soon as possible 

Please is there a way you can contact me?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a  final demand notice letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone and credit card contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

I am shocked there is no phone number or email address I can get in contact with you guys. And I need to get this shut down as soon as possible 

Thanks

Hello @Fshah,

Sorry to hear your details have been used fraudulently.

The iD community isn’t real-time, so it might be several days before someone from iD Mobile reads your post.

If you haven’t already done so, report this to Action Fraud online using this page:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/  

You’ll need their reference number when you contact iD Mobile.

For a quicker response, you can PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or try the iD Live Chat service.

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM or chat with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

Thanks

Hi @Fshah,

Did you still need help with this? If so, let us know and we’ll reach out to you to get this sorted.

Mohammed

I am a victim of Identity Fraud. Someone has taken out a contract with yourselves using my details. I have sent you a PM with my crime reference number. Please can this contract be cancelled as it is fraud and a very serious offence. The fraudsters are buying alsorts using my name address and dob. Please can you tell me if you need further details from me and what next steps I should take. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MCreportingfraud,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi,

I have just received a final demand notice to pay my outstanding balance even though I don’t have an account with Id mobile. Tried to find your contact details (phone number/email address) but was unable to. Could you please sort this out for me or give me further information on what to do next. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@needhelppls,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi ID Mobile - I have also received a similar letter saying I have set up a Direct Debit with you for a mobile contract - using my name & address, despite me never having used your company. Please could you contact me ASAP so this contract/account can be cancelled as it is identity fraud? I have a crime reference number. Thank you. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @fraudidmobilehelp, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi,

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter demanding Final payment and this is the first letter I have recieved. I have tried contacting the number and using Live chat but i dont have the moblie number. I needed Help ASAP to sort this out.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter demanding Final payment and this is the first letter I have received. I have tried contacting the number and using Live chat but i don’t have the mobile number. I needed Help ASAP to sort this out.

Hey @Faisal Fazaldad, any telephone number will do for the iD live chat. 

Otherwise, you can contact iD customer service privately using Facebook Messenger, or X (formerly Twitter) DM, for assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Faisal Fazaldad,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you have fallen victim to fraud.

I just wanted to check if you have been in touch with the team or if you still require assistance.

If you still need help you can get back to us here and we can PM you.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?