Solved

Returning customer cannot get into app

• 26 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, Am unable to log into portal & app - I see this is a common problem.

I was previously an ID customer years ago then left,  now I've returned.

The website and app advise my original email address is used/ taken so I've tried an alternative email but it won't let me register. 

I've tried what-is-my-username by entering my (now PAC'd) phone number,  my last name,  and birth year - that page then errors again and again.

Is this because ID has known me and my number before? How do I get my ancient details removed so I can access the app? I'm even getting emails telling me to use the app to reset my PIN....!

Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 26 July 2023, 22:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve just ported your number to iD, seems that sometimes it takes 24-36 hours or so before backend and frontend (online) systems are properly sync’d. 

You might find it less frustrating to wait a day or two before trying to register for your new iD account online @JH23.

Meanwhile, you can manage many aspects of your new account by calling 7777 from your new iD SIM.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply,  my number ported across last Thursday (20th). I tried 7777 but it seems limited compared to what I expect the app can do? Hopefully ID can sort out my app access?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

As long as you’re able to use another email address (username) when you’re registering for your new iD account online, it should work @JH23

I’ve re-joined iD, and was able to register for a new iD account online, by using a new username (email address). Each time you get a new iD SIM card, iD create a new connection and you get a new unique identity (account reference number).

When I’ve tried to register online (for a “My iD Account”), I’ve issues each time. For me, the solution was to retry once or twice a day for a few days. Eventually I managed to register.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JH23,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite has advised you’ll need to register using a new email address.

If you have any issues, please let us know here.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks, although bemusing,  the answer indeed was,  try once a day until it works!!! 6 days of trying and bingo...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @JH23,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

Please do get back in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash