Solved

Returning Expat: 3 Years' Address History

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi. New member here. I was born in the UK and lived here till 1992, when I moved to work and live in Germany. I returned to the UK in December 2019 and have lived here since. When I look into applying for a monthly SIM deal, it asks for 3 years of UK address history. Is this 3 continuous years, or would it also take into account the many years I lived here prior to moving abroad? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 April 2022, 13:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Henry38,

It would refer to 3 years UK address history in the past 3 years.

If you returned to the UK in 2019 and lived here since you should be able to enter the address since then.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Thanks very much for your reply. I returned to the UK in December 2019 and it’s now April 2022, so strictly speaking, I’ve only been here 2 years and 4 months. Or would 2019-2022 somehow count as 3+ years?

Richard

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think you’ll need to wait until Dec-2022 to have requisite 3 years of UK address history.

A 3 year history seem to be the standard period used by all credit reference agencies.

If you get an iD PAYG SIM, then no credit checks required - setup a recurring payment method to make the plan equivalent to a pay monthly SIM.

Why iD Mobile?