Ridiculous Purchase Policy

• 23 March 2023
  • 9 replies

I must confess my early impressions are not good. I have spent most of the day trying to order 2 new phones only 2 have the second order declined due to a ridiculous ID Mobile policy. 

Apparently you can’t order more than 1 phone within a 2 month period. I’ve always handled myself and my wifes mobile phone contracts and have been with competitor network for years.  I decided to go with ID Mobile due to a very good offer with the Google Pixel 7 currently and an enhanced trade in promotion. 

It’s taken most of the day do get the correct deals and phones we wanted and make sure the offers were all good only to get the second order declined after the first one had completed. The fact I even had to order the phones separately was annoying in the first instance now I’ve only got 1 phone coming and not 2.

To say I was disappointed was an understatement! 

Lets see how this plays out!

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Fluxtor,

Each order is subject to a security check which is run to prevent fraudulent orders being placed in quick succession.

You could get your partner to purchase the contract in her name which shouldn’t be impacted as she’s a separate account holder.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

This is what I did in the end but we wanted specific coloured phones. Now each of our phones are registered to the wrong person. Is it posible to swap the details on the phones at any point? I guess it's not overly important as we'll pac our current numbers to the relevant phones but it would be nice to have them registers to the correct person.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fluxtor,

Unfortunately we are unable to switch the account holder details or the handsets.

If you require any assistance with the port, please let us know.

Kash

Well that sucks! Is there anything you can do?

So far it’s not been the easiest of transitions to a new network!

Is it a case of can’t or won’t?

Oh well if it continues like this I guess I’ll be heading back to EE at the end of the contract!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Fluxtor,

It’s a case of can’t as the system isn’t setup to allow it.

That said, why don’t you both just switch phones and keep the SIM cards the same?

The SIM cards is what the number is connected to so changing the phones around but keeping your SIM will get you the phone colour you want without swapping your numbers.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly what we have done it's just for the account purposes. Our accounts for our respective phones have the wrong names on. If we need to contact you about it our account we might have issues with security checks etc? 

Cheers :-)

Userlevel 3

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the suggestion. That's exactly what we have done it's just for the account purposes. Our accounts for our respective phones have the wrong names on. If we need to contact you about it our account we might have issues with security checks etc? 

Cheers :-)

Hey Fluxtor, thank you for getting back to us, and we’re happy to hear you were able to sort that out (although obviously not as planned and we apologise for that).

In terms of getting contact with us, we do need to speak to the account holder directly no matter what the platform you’re contacting us on is. Therefore, if there’s an issue with either phone or account for example, we’d need the person who’s name is on that account to message us directly, no matter which one of you is using the phone, if that makes sense?

I completely understand that isn’t ideal or what you’d want to hear, but that’s how it would have to be in order to pass security I’m afraid. Of course, you can sit next to each other for example to assist with the contact and what you’d like to say.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Tyler

Thanks for taking the time to explain and to be honest it's exactly what I'd expect although as you say not ideal. It is what it is I guess ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fluxtor,

If there is anything that you require assistance with in the future, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?