Solved

roaming abroad

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

My daughter is travelling abroad for 17 days visiting 5 countries in this time (3 or 4 days in each country).. she joined ID before 21st June so only has the limited amount of data to use (£7 per month so only allowed 5.4gb data under the fair usage policy). So my question is, does the allowance reset every time she enters a new country or is it just 5.4gb over the whole 17 days... Also, her monthly allowance will reset during this trip so again will this only give her 5.4gb or will she get another new 5.4gb when the new payment month starts... Hope this makes sense.. thanks

icon

Best answer by Kash 27 June 2023, 15:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The fair usage policy was changed recently @Colinmcdonald

If you joined iD before mid-June 2023, then the inclusive EU & EEA roaming mobile data allowance would be 5.4GB per month.

You should be able to use more than your monthly fair usage roaming mobile data amount, but usage will be charged to the iD account. Once you reach the plan’s data allowance, you’ll need to purchase additional data.

Thanks... Yes we joined before the changes in June.

I'm not wanting to pay any more, but wanted to clarify that at the start of a new payment month, do I get another 5.4 GB to use or s it just that one amount for the entire 17 days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess at the start of each payment month the plan’s allowances renew, and you’ll be able to use 5.4GB of inclusive EU & EEA mobile roaming data over the whole payment month, or for the 17-days with a given payment month, or over another time-period within the given 1-month billing period. 

If the 17-days crossed two payment month time-periods, you’d have 5.4GB to use in the two time-periods, assuming no data was used within the UK.

The roaming data allowance is not in addition to your plan’s UK data allowance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Colinmcdonald,

I hope that @andewhite has provided the information that you need.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?