Solved

Roaming allowance for loyal customers

• 1 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am happy with my tariff and data allowances and do not want to change. The same tariff is also still available for me to sign up to.

However, as I joined a while ago, my roaming limit is on the old fair usage (at £8, just over 6gb).

If I were a new customer signing up today I would get my full data limit up to 30gb.

Why am I being penalised for being a loyal existing customer? In order to get the new fair usage yet stay on my same tariff and allowances do I really need to request a PAC and switch away only to come back again?

Seems a little daft to me.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 August 2023, 12:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

It’s one good deal per customer and you would have had yours when you signed up. Now, it’s someone else’s turn. That’s how the networks see it! So play the game and do what you need to do to get the best deal for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @zzHurrizz,

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.

At the time you signed up, this was the current policy for fair usage.

This has since changed due to business decisions and we don’t ammend this for existing since it requires new terms & conditions.

We therefore only implement this for customer’s joining from the new date.

In this case only new contracts can get this deal so yes, leaving and rejoining is the only way but that poses it’s own issues like having to re-register and needing a new username etc.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply Mohammed.

Given I'm on a 30 day rolling I would kind of expect to be able to accept new terms, as a business it seems easier to manage one set of terms and conditions versus multiple?

Not bothered about a new username, so I'll request the PAC and then decide whether I rejoin in a month.

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for your feedback @zzHurrizz,

Sadly, your agreed Terms & Conditions at purchase are the ones you’ve accepted.

Rolling monhtly contracts just refresh each month so won’t change there.

If you upgrade to a 12-month or 24-month SIM only plan via the app/account then this will be a new contract and will have the new terms.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?