Question

Roaming before/after 21st June

• 6 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Please could someone explain to me the difference in the roaming coverage before and after 21st June? I am unsure whether to start a new deal before or after?

thankyou 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Why? Do you own a Time Machine?!? 👀

If you have a look at the website, it states there’s a change on that date but I’m unsure as to what the difference actually is 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Sam99

So the number of countries covered by our Inclusive Roaming features hasn’t actually changed; you’re still able to use your allowances in 50 destinations; in fact, we offer more free roaming destinations than any other UK-based network.

We have, however, updated our fair usage and open data policy; the new policy allows customers to use up to 30GB of data abroad (data included with your plan and/or add-ons). Should customers go over the 30GB allowance, they’ll be charged a surcharge of £3 per GB.

For example, if you’re on a plan that comes with 35GB of data, you can use 30GB of that in one of our Inclusive Roaming countries without any extra charges. Once you reach 30 GB, anything after that will be charged at £3 a GB.

You’ll find that most UK networks have a roaming data cap. 

I hope that clears things up a little.

Thanks,
Nikhil 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Why? Do you own a Time Machine?!? 👀

‘If you owned a ‘Time Machine what year would you go to, and why?’ might be a good mechanic for our next giveaway 😀

Thank you for explaining the new policy. 

How does that differ to the pre 21st June policy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sam99,

Our Fair Usage Policy prior to this was based on the monthly contractual amount.

For example if your contract was £30 per month you would be able to use 23.15GB whilst abroad.

You can find the Fair Usage calculator HERE

I hope this helps.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?