Question

Roaming in non EU country

• 1 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Good morning. I am currently traveling in the Balkan countries. I normally have unlimited data when in the UK and EU, however my data is not working here so I bought additional roaming data however it is still not working. What do I need to do to get my data to work? Many thanks. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You’ll need to have roaming data turned ON in your iD account online, and on your handset @Mayokun Taiwo.

You might also need to increase the bill cap for your iD account - if it’s currently £0, or too low, you won’t be able to use roaming data in a non EU destination. 

It can be very expensive using roaming data on a per MB basis, which is how iD Mobile charge for roaming data in all non-EU destinations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mayokun Taiwo 

Has your data ever worked while roaming or was it off as soon as you entered another country? I’d recommend double checking your roaming is enabled on both your device and your iD Mobile account.

I’d recommend double checking the countries you’re in are included on our inclusive roaming countries, if not roaming won’t be included in your plan, you may need to raise your bill cap as roaming may be a chargeable extra.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Tom

Why iD Mobile?