Question

Roaming problem in Azerbaijan

• 28 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi. We have a problem with roaming in Azerbaijan.

We have 4 ID mobile numbers in our family, 2 Android phones and 2 iphones.

We just arrived today and 2 Android phones and 1 iPhone was able to use local BAKCELL GSM2000 network for data roaming only. But we are not able to make any calls locally or to UK. We all did turn our roaming options on before leaving UK. We all have unlimited calls and text and 30GB data.

Another problem is phone related. Second iPhone was not able to connect to ID mobile roaming at all. But when I put that SIM card into Android phone, SIM card was able to connect to ID roaming, again with data roaming only, but without any calls. But when I put that SIM card back into iPhone, it is not able to connect to roaming at all.

Please help. Whoever can suggest anything really appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you see No Service or SOS only in the status bar of your iPhone, open Settings and tap Cellular, or Cellular Data, or Mobile Data. Tap Cellular Data Options and make sure that Data Roaming is on.

Data roaming was on in that iPhone which is not working now,  before we left Uk. 

It finally worked at the end. Trick was to choose LTE/3G/2G and then switch to Azercell. With these settings it works in Azerbaijan. 

I leave this here for anyone who will encounter this problem in Azerbaijan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Anlalali,

Glad to hear that it’s working and thanks for getting back to us to confirm how you got it to work.

Hopefully your response can help others.

Kash

Hi. We have a problem with roaming in Azerbaijan.

We have 4 ID mobile numbers in our family, 2 Android phones and 2 iphones.

We just arrived today and 2 Android phones and 1 iPhone was able to use local BAKCELL GSM2000 network for data roaming only. But we are not able to make any calls locally or to UK. We all did turn our roaming options on before leaving UK. We all have unlimited calls and text and 30GB data.

Another problem is phone related. Second iPhone was not able to connect to ID mobile roaming at all. But when I put that SIM card into Android phone, SIM card was able to connect to ID roaming, again with data roaming only, but without any calls. But when I put that SIM card back into iPhone, it is not able to connect to roaming at all.

Please help. Whoever can suggest anything really appreciated.

Mine still declined and when i try connecting to Azercell, i get a message saying that “Your Simcard does not allow a connection to this Network”

What could be the issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve Chumba,

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee coverage outside of the UK.

If the coverage doesn’t work with our network partner Bakcell we would advise to keep trying to connect manually in different locations.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?