Question

ROAMING: What are my options if I go over 30GB limit?

• 17 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Travelling to France for 2 weeks. If I use up my inclusive 30GB roaming limit, what are my options? 

I can see that I can buy an add-on for data but was wondering if you can buy multiple data add-ons? For example, if I use up the first add-on, can I purchase another to maintain my data? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steelmen91,

Welcome to the Community!

Add-ons won’t work once you have used your fair usage amount.

As per the fair usage link https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/eu-roaming/fair-usage-policy#after-june-2023

1. If you're on a plan with less than 30GB, you can use your full monthly data allowance. If you've got any rolled over data or add-ons, you can use them at no extra cost while your combined data usage is under 30GB. If you go over the 30GB limit, we'll add a surcharge of £3 per GB for the remainder of your data allowance, including any rolled over data or add-ons. Afterwards, you'll be charged at the standard out-of-plan data rate of 10p per MB of data.
  2. If you're on a plan with 30GB or more (excluding unlimited plans), you can use your monthly data allowance up to 30GB. After that, we'll add a surcharge of £3 per GB for the remainder of your data allowance, including any rolled over data or add-ons. Afterwards, you'll be charged at the standard out-of-plan data rate of 10p per MB of data.
  3. If you've got an unlimited data plan, you can use up to 30GB a month while Roaming free of charge. If you go over the 30GB limit, we'll add a surcharge of £3 per GB for the remainder of your data allowance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?