Solved

RPI on 30 day sim only plans. Been misled?

Userlevel 1

Hi all, I'm a newbie here and I just purchased a £10 30 day rolling SIM. There was no mention of any RPI increase when added to basket or when I done the checkout. It was after when I looked at the contract that the plan would go up 78p from next April. I know it's not a lot but on the community it was said by some staff member that "there would be no price increase on 30 day, 12 and 24 months SIM only deals". I feel I have been misled by this and I'm wanting anyone's response what I should do next. Leave or stay with id mobile. I can't chat to them as I need some sort of pin which I haven't got. Any help is appreciated.👍

Regards

Gary 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 6 October 2022, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @gaz gaz, the iD pay monthly terms & conditions change fairly frequently.
Most recent editions have an RPI clause, which is just the way-of-the-world these days. 

You can chat to iD about this clause through their social media team via facebook (using Messenger), or Twitter (by Direct Message - DM). This team pick-up messages left outside support hours when they next start work. 

The way to avoid an CPI/RPI increase is get a PAYG plan, and setup a recurring payment method for the PAYG plan of your choice - sort of equivalent to a pay monthly plan.

Good luck @gaz gaz

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't do any social media so I'll wait until my SIM arrives, hopefully will arrive by tomorrow. I will also look at other PAYG plans and take it from there. Thanks.😉

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, thanks for your reply. I don't do any social media so I'll wait until my SIM arrives, hopefully will arrive by tomorrow. I will also look at other PAYG plans and take it from there. Thanks.

FYI, it takes 3-5 working days for your iD SIM to arrive - it comes via Royal Mail (strikes permitting).
🤞

Userlevel 1

Cheers andewhite. 😎

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Took above conversation from iD employee. Dirty trick what iD have done now. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Things change @gaz gaz - the inflation rate for example.

Who looks at the term & conditions of the agreements and contracts at the time of purchasing online?

Online sellers no doubt rely on majority of people not bothering with these, but caveat emptor!

iD products appear to have opaque areas, but their cheap pricing often overwhelms common sense - anyway, good luck @gaz gaz.

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite, I looked at the terms and conditions and nothing it states regarding any RPI increase etc. I'm very sceptical about anything like this. I just noticed after I signed the contract. Very small print.!  You needed a magnifying glass to see it🧐 . The reason I swapped providers was iD didn't charge any increase to SIM only plans. I believe it was only on handset plans and not on SIM only. I am still on EE at the minute and to me iD mobile have broken their terms of contract agreement.  I'm still in the cooling off period (30 days) so when the SIM arrives I'm considering cancelling the rolling contract. I know it's only a small amount it will go up next April but that defeats the point ,it's how it's been secretly pushed without any notice etc. 

Cheers 👍😉

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @gaz gaz, when I had an iD SIM, I recall getting an annual text message saying iD had decided to waive price increase for my SIM only 1-month rolling plan.

But, the current pay monthly terms & conditions cover RPI increases in section 8 and section 12.
Within section 12 (Charges) it states:

When you order online, you have to tick a check-box saying you agree to the iD terms & conditions.

At least you’ve got telephone support with EE - not cheap though.

Userlevel 1

Hi, yes I did agree to the terms and conditions and it's my fault. I didn't see this tho on the website 😳.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ah, I see @gaz gaz.

In my experience iD are great when everything works as it should, but if something does go wrong it can be extremely frustrating trying to get things rectified - and on occasions seemingly impossible.

Good luck @gaz gaz.
🤞 

Why iD Mobile?