Solved

S22 Upgrade - Minimum Trade In Value

Userlevel 1

I’ve recently upgrade from a Samsung S7 Edge with ID Mobile to an S22.  ID mobile had a big offers section stating minimum trade in of £150 for you old phone in any condition.

However, in the Order Confirmation email received from ID Mobile, the trade in value is estimated at only £40, so now panicking that I’m only going to get £40 and not the £150 minimum I was expecting.

Anyone else have any experience of this and know whether they do honour the minimum or you end up getting a reduced amount?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by Tom 29 August 2022, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Fleetwood 

The estimate you receive is for the device only excluding any promotions that may be on at the time!

As long as the trade in has been processed alongside the new qualifying device and all the T&C’s have been met bonuses will be applied separately!

Tom

@Fleetwood would be good to know the outcome of this and whether you got the full £150.

I'm in the same boat and traded in my old S7 and got offered the £5 but only took out the contract on the basis I got the £150 minimum trade in value. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Fleetwood would be good to know the outcome of this and whether you got the full £150.

I'm in the same boat and traded in my old S7 and got offered the £5 but only took out the contract on the basis I got the £150 minimum trade in value. 

This sounds like one of those too-good-to-be-true type of offers.

Unfortunately, it is usual for the offer headline figure / statement to have mitigations, which are hidden away in the offer’s terms-and-conditions.
😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ginny123 

As long as you’ve traded in the device alongside a qualifying purchased device with a promotion on it you should also receive the promotion. 

It seems like the offer you’ve received is a revised offer to the original value of your traded in device, this is likely because your device has been found to be in a non-working condition or if you don’t agree to the revised price point you can refuse and have the device sent back to you.

The device being traded in at working or non-working shouldn’t affect any promotions/bonuses.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Ginny123,

Both myself and my wife have had the basic nominal trade in amount offered (£8 and £5 respectively) and not the promotional minimum £150 as advertised on their website.

They have responded to an email my wife sent saying that the additional amount would be received separately but no clue about when this is going to be paid. And she only found this out by chasing them after receiving the nominal amount.

All in all, the experience is extremely painful and their level of communication about the minimum trade-in value is nought. It's literally all over the website when they want to get your money but as soon as they have, it's like they hope you forget about it.

I wish I had better news for you but there it is, the struggle goes on. We may well get the amount paid at some point but at this moment in time, I have no idea when that might be. I'm not holding my breath.

Have you received the promotional amount or just the £5?

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Fleetwood,

Sorry to hear about your Trade-in journey.

Any promotion amount is paid within 5 working days of receiving the original trade-in amount.

If it’s been more time then this, please let us know here and we will help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Fleetwood,

Any promotion amount is paid within 5 working days of receiving the original trade-in amount.

If it’s been more time then this, please let us know here and we will help you out.

Kash

Hi Kash,

Both me (Order Ref 122757052) and my wife (Order Ref 122757240) upgraded from S7’s to S22’s and requested a trade in at the same time, expecting to receive the promotional minimum value of £150, irrespective of phone condition, as displayed on our online ID Mobile accounts.

My wife has since received only £5 for her S7, paid into our account on 14 Sept 2022, so well over 5 days ago and nothing has been paid since then (Trade In Ref 435262126).

I have since received only £8 for my S7 Edge, paid into our account on 23 Sept 2022, so exactly 5 days ago and nothing has been paid since then (Trade In Ref 435261927).

Can you please investigate and find out what is happening with regard to the additional promotion payment.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Fleetwood,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. We can only take a look at your trade-in for security reasons.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

@Fleetwood,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. We can only take a look at your trade-in for security reasons.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi Kash,

I am Fleetwood’s wife and have the same issue with not receiving the promotional minimum trade in value, as mentioned in one of the previous messages.

Would it be possible for someone to send me a PM so that we can attempt to resolve my issue also?

Thanks

CeriC

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@CeriC 

Not to worry.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi @Kash could you please send me the PM as well as I have the exact same issue. Many thanks.

I’ve also had a similar issue where my handset trade-in value was noted as £5 with no mention of the £150 offer but I haven’t even received the £5 yet (though the postal tracking states it was received on 29 September), let alone the £150 offer. I’ve tried contacting Carphone Warehouse on the trade-in email address provided for queries a couple of times but I’ve had no response yet...

Userlevel 1

I have tried to claim this promotion too.

It has been an absolute nightmare - AVOID!

1. I ordered my S22 on 30th August - it was very confusing and communication is terrible, the website makes you feel that you’re not going to get the promotion (it turns out that you’re not).
  2. I sent off my old Samsung phone using the prepaid envelope sent to me.
  3. I received £38 on approximately 12th September.
  4. I tried to get in touch with Currys Trade-up who handle the trade in (near on impossible)
  5. I made an official complaint to ID, who got back to me and basically said nothing we can do as we don’t handle trade-ins.
  6. I’ve wasted ages and ages trying to get through to Curry’s Trade-Up and a month later I’m still out of pocket.

I’ve told all my friends and family about this utterly rubbish situation and wish I hadn’t joined ID.

Do not upgrade using promotions like this on the ID website. ID Mobile won’t help you even if you complain and you won’t get the promotional money-off that you were promised.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Fleetwood,

Kash

😂😒😢 No it’s not - read all the replies to this thread! Absolute nonsense

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Kash could you please send me the PM as well as I have the exact same issue. Many thanks.

Hi @StrawberryNurse, I’ve PMd you already from your other topic since.

I’ve also had a similar issue where my handset trade-in value was noted as £5 with no mention of the £150 offer but I haven’t even received the £5 yet (though the postal tracking states it was received on 29 September), let alone the £150 offer. I’ve tried contacting Carphone Warehouse on the trade-in email address provided for queries a couple of times but I’ve had no response yet...

It has been an absolute nightmare - AVOID!

1. I ordered my S22 on 30th August - it was very confusing and communication is terrible, the website makes you feel that you’re not going to get the promotion (it turns out that you’re not).
  2. I sent off my old Samsung phone using the prepaid envelope sent to me.
  3. I received £38 on approximately 12th September.
  4. I tried to get in touch with Currys Trade-up who handle the trade in (near on impossible)
  5. I made an official complaint to ID, who got back to me and basically said nothing we can do as we don’t handle trade-ins.
  6. I’ve wasted ages and ages trying to get through to Curry’s Trade-Up and a month later I’m still out of pocket.

I’ve told all my friends and family about this utterly rubbish situation and wish I hadn’t joined ID.

Do not upgrade using promotions like this on the ID website. ID Mobile won’t help you even if you complain and you won’t get the promotional money-off that you were promised.

Sorry to hear you haven’t received your £5.00 and the remaining £145.00 to make up the minimum offer @Hetty

Also for yours @HBowry  you should have received a separate £112.00 as a promotional value via Carphone Warehouse.

I’ve sent you both a Private Message to your Community accounts so we can discuss your issues further.

We’ll see you both there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Fleetwood,

Kash

😂😒😢 No it’s not - read all the replies to this thread! Absolute nonsense

In most cases it is.

The Trade-in Team at Carphone Warehouse are handling all the trade-ins so likely behind due to volume or missed these.

Not all trade-ins are impacted though.

It has been an absolute nightmare - AVOID!​​​​​​

Whilst you may have had issues, both @CeriC  and @Fleetwood  have been assisted by our Team via PM here so I’m sure we’ll be able to escalate yours to Carphone Warehouse also.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

For anyone with an interest in this thread who may be concerned about their own trade-in payment, please note that I’ve finally received my full promotional trade-in value paid by Carphone Warehouse.

Thanks to @Mohammed of the ID Support Team for finally getting the process moving.

It has to be said that ID Mobile, Carphone Warehouse and Curry between them, although owned by the same parent company, do themselves no favours during this whole process.

However, rest assured, once you get Mohammed on your side, you will get your money.

Good luck everyone

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For anyone with an interest in this thread who may be concerned about their own trade-in payment, please note that I’ve finally received my full promotional trade-in value paid by Carphone Warehouse.

Thanks to @Mohammed of the ID Support Team for finally getting the process moving.

It has to be said that ID Mobile, Carphone Warehouse and Curry between them, although owned by the same parent company, do themselves no favours during this whole process.

However, rest assured, once you get Mohammed on your side, you will get your money.

Good luck everyone

Thanks for your feedback @Fleetwood  and for confirming your receipt of this.

Sadly this will just be down to a high number of trade-ins being received but we are working to raise any flagged to us here.

I believe @StrawberryNurse  @HBowry  and @Hetty  were resolved also and should be received soon.

Mohammed

Yes, thank you @Mohammed for all your help, I have received confirmation that payment will be with me in a few days.

I appreciate it’s a high number of trade-ins but some acknowledgement of this from Currys/Carphone Warehouse would’ve been helpful! As it is, we have had Mohammed to help us. I hope other people manage to find this thread like I did and get similar help :)

HI, I also have the issue where I have received the initial £5.00 trade in payment for my old handset but no mention of the £150.00 promotional offer. Would a member of the team be able to escalate this for me please.

Confirming I have now received my £150 payment - thanks so much for your help Mohammed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Hetty,

We are glad to hear that. 

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Hello, anyone there?

Received the £5.00 trade in payment for my old handset 14 days ago, still not heard any mention of the £150.00 promotional offer. Would a member of the team be able to escalate this for me please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @guybrush7,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Snap! I'm having the same issue with my pixel pro 7 upgrade and trade in...seems to be a common theme!!

I've tried contacting the trade in email etc to no avail!

Can someone assist me also! 

Why iD Mobile?