Solved

S22 Upgrade - Minimum Trade In Value

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

30 replies

Userlevel 1

@Fleetwood would be good to know the outcome of this and whether you got the full £150.

I'm in the same boat and traded in my old S7 and got offered the £5 but only took out the contract on the basis I got the £150 minimum trade in value. 

Hi Ginny123,

Both myself and my wife have had the basic nominal trade in amount offered (£8 and £5 respectively) and not the promotional minimum £150 as advertised on their website.

They have responded to an email my wife sent saying that the additional amount would be received separately but no clue about when this is going to be paid. And she only found this out by chasing them after receiving the nominal amount.

All in all, the experience is extremely painful and their level of communication about the minimum trade-in value is nought. It's literally all over the website when they want to get your money but as soon as they have, it's like they hope you forget about it.

I wish I had better news for you but there it is, the struggle goes on. We may well get the amount paid at some point but at this moment in time, I have no idea when that might be. I'm not holding my breath.

Have you received the promotional amount or just the £5?

Cheers

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Ginny123 

As long as you’ve traded in the device alongside a qualifying purchased device with a promotion on it you should also receive the promotion. 

It seems like the offer you’ve received is a revised offer to the original value of your traded in device, this is likely because your device has been found to be in a non-working condition or if you don’t agree to the revised price point you can refuse and have the device sent back to you.

The device being traded in at working or non-working shouldn’t affect any promotions/bonuses.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Fleetwood would be good to know the outcome of this and whether you got the full £150.

I'm in the same boat and traded in my old S7 and got offered the £5 but only took out the contract on the basis I got the £150 minimum trade in value. 

This sounds like one of those too-good-to-be-true type of offers.

Unfortunately, it is usual for the offer headline figure / statement to have mitigations, which are hidden away in the offer’s terms-and-conditions.
😥

Userlevel 8
Badge +4

Hi @Fleetwood 

The estimate you receive is for the device only excluding any promotions that may be on at the time!

As long as the trade in has been processed alongside the new qualifying device and all the T&C’s have been met bonuses will be applied separately!

Tom