Solved

S23+ Upgrade & Trade in?

• 2 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Im currently looking at upgrading my phone to the new S23 Plus.

Im abit confused on the trade in offer that's being advertised? When I click the find out more in takes me to a page with no information just the Disney plus offer.

Secondly when I go into the trade in calculator on your site direct I'm trying to search my phone but even using my IMEI number it won't find my phone. It's a Sony Xperia 1 ii that I bought from Id mobile & carphonewarhouse so to not have a trade in offer seems weird.

Is anyone able to confirm I can/ how to trade in this phone towards my upgrade and receive the extra £100 on top of my quote?

​​​​

icon

Best answer by Nikhil P 3 February 2023, 15:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Samsung claim they’ll give you at least £100 off if you trade-in while purchasing from their online store @Lukeyyy07.

In addition, Samsung are offering to double the device storage if you pre-order from their online store (e.g. 256GB becomes 512GB).

https://www.samsung.com/uk/smartphones/galaxy-s23/

I’d guess if you trade-in through iD, they claim the £100 from Samsung somehow.
You might notice this forum contains numerous posts from people that haven’t received the trade-in bonus after buying their Samsung through iD Mobile.

Anyway, good luck @Lukeyyy07. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Lukeyyy07,

@andewhite  we are also offering the double device storage promotion from what I can see.

@Nikhil P  can you check this one please 😊

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Lukeyyy07, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - I’ve raised this to our online team and they’ll work on updating the content and making it clearer. 

As for pre-orders of the S23 on iD - we’re offering the following: 

• Double device storage
  • Disney+ for 6 months 
  • £100 or £150 on top of the trade-in value (dependent on what version you purchase)

The team are currently looking into why your device isn’t bringing up any results on our Trade-in price checker. I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. 

Once you’ve pre-ordered your phone and submitted your trade-in you’ll need to submit this form to get the top-up value paid. The payment may be made in two parts - your trade-in value then the top-up amount. 

What @andewhite mentioned regarding the delayed payments is correct. Over Black Friday and Christmas we had a backlog of Trade-in’s to process - the team should now be up-to-date, they’ve also improved the process to ensure we don’t experience such issues again. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Why iD Mobile?