Question

Samsung S22 Ultra £150 Cashback

Hi,

I saw a promotion on the ID Mobile website which tempted me to order a Samsung S22 Ultra 

The promotion was +£150 boosted cashback when trading in any phone against an S22 Ultra 

I chose to trade in a fully functioning IPhone 5s for £5 + £150 boost 

I received the phone on 7/11/22 but didn't receive the trade in pack?

I have no emails or details on what happens now. I'm worried that this could turn into a wild goose chase. 

I have not yet ported my number as if the cashback doesn't work out I'm going to fully return the order.

Please can someone Advise. I've seen on other posts that an ID Mobile employee called Mohammed has been very helpful regarding these issues.

Kind Regards 

Wayne 

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you haven’t sent your old phone to iD yet, then it might be quicker to do this yourself using the Samsung online page for this offer.

http://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/

I think you’ve got until the end of 2022 to claim your reward for an eligible purchase.
🤞

If you haven’t sent your old phone to iD yet, then it might be quicker to do this yourself using the Samsung online page for this offer.

http://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/

I think you’ve got until the end of 2022 to claim your reward for an eligible purchase.
🤞

Unfortunately I ordered after the cut off (4/11/22) and ID mobile / Curry's are not selectable on the offer page 👎

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately I ordered after the cut off (4/11/22) and ID mobile / Curry's are not selectable on the offer page 👎

https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/terms-and-conditions-s22ultra-zfold3-jul-2022

Currys are listed on this page but unfortunately you’re not eligible.
🙁

Can anyone help with the above I have sent my trade in pack back and been given £5 but I'm still outstanding the £150 bonus

Cheers 

Userlevel 1

I also traded in my S21 with 250 plus 150 bonus. Got an email yesterday to confirm 250 and it said I would get another email today confirming any additional if eligible. Bit concerned I've heard nothing yet. Interested to know if you manage to resolve yours.

I also traded in my S21 with 250 plus 150 bonus. Got an email yesterday to confirm 250 and it said I would get another email today confirming any additional if eligible. Bit concerned I've heard nothing yet. Interested to know if you manage to resolve yours.

I got an email to confirm the £5 and the same email stated I would recieve an additional email within 24 hours.. Its been 1 week now and still nothing... 

Still waiting.... 

Userlevel 1

Still waiting.... 

Same. I called twice and was made a complaint. Supposed to be getting a call this weekly. I was also told I need to wait 28 days further to get the cash. Then got an email to say very vaguely I was part of the promotion but not really confirming the amount or when ill get paid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Barnes210 and @Boseley 

Are you both still having issues with your trade in?

You’ll receive your original amount for the device traded in 3-5 working days after we’ve evaluated and traded your device in, if there’s any bonus money owed this will be given a further 3-5 working days after you receive the original amount.

If you haven’t received the bonus money after this time please let us know so we can get in touch and investigate further.

Tom

Hi @Barnes210 and @Boseley 

You’ll receive your original amount for the device traded in 3-5 working days after we’ve evaluated and traded your device in, if there’s any bonus money owed this will be given a further 3-5 working days after you receive the original amount.

If you haven’t received the bonus money after this time please let us know so we can get in touch and investigate further.

Tom

Hi Tom

I recieved my £5 trade in on the 10th of November. The email states I would recieve an additional email 24 hours later regarding the promotional payment. Its now the 6th December and I've had nothing.

I've made 5 calls to CPW and various live chat sessions with ID Mobile. The most recent ID mobile advisor on live chat was happy for me to return my full order for a full refund instead. Which obviously I don't want to do... I just want the offer I signed up for. The advisor then reccomended that I file a complaint through himself. Which I agreed to do.

The same advisor then asked if I would accept £15 compensation to close the complaint that he had just opened???  And Mark as resolved... Baffled!

Obvoulsy I kept the complaint open. I have just recieved a call from ID Mobile and I have been told the complaint will be reffered to the deadlock team. If the deadlock team decide to not give cashback then that is it. NO CASHBACK...

The offer is still advertised even now and the T&Cs state its valid till end of January 2023

​​​​​​I like many others have met all T&Cs and only ordered / joined ID Mobile due to the advertised deal enticing me in

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom

I recieved my £5 trade in on the 10th of November. The email states I would recieve an additional email 24 hours later regarding the promotional payment. Its now the 6th December and I've had nothing.

I've made 5 calls to CPW and various live chat sessions with ID Mobile. The most recent ID mobile advisor on live chat was happy for me to return my full order for a full refund instead. Which obviously I don't want to do... I just want the offer I signed up for. The advisor then reccomended that I file a complaint through himself. Which I agreed to do.

The same advisor then asked if I would accept £15 compensation to close the complaint that he had just opened???  And Mark as resolved... Baffled!

Obvoulsy I kept the complaint open. I have just recieved a call from ID Mobile and I have been told the complaint will be reffered to the deadlock team. If the deadlock team decide to not give cashback then that is it. NO CASHBACK...

The offer is still advertised even now and the T&Cs state its valid till end of January 2023

​​​​​​I like many others have met all T&Cs and only ordered / joined ID Mobile due to the advertised deal enticing me in

Okay @Barnes210, other community members in your position have received the money due after contacting the Currys CEO here: 

alexander.baldock@dixonscarphone.com

Apparently, by calmly and rationally explaining their situation in an email, they’ve received a timely response, and the money several working days later.

Good luck @Barnes210.
🤞🤞🤞 

Userlevel 1

Tom

@Tom I think after a lot of kicking off this is finally getting sorted. No one called me back reference the complaint, but I got an email to say the 150 was coming within 3-5 days after threatening legal action in an email to the trade up team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Barnes210 

If your complaint has been raised to the deadlock team I’d recommend awaiting an outcome from them to find the resolution of your complaint. They should be in touch with a final resolution soon.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Boseley 

In this case I’d recommend allowing that 5 working days for the money to come back to you, it sounds like they’ve sent the money through.

Tom

Hi @Barnes210 

If your complaint has been raised to the deadlock team I’d recommend awaiting an outcome from them to find the resolution of your complaint. They should be in touch with a final resolution soon.

Tom

It's a shame I have had to chase and escalate an advertised offer... With risk that the offer ID Mobile are still advertising may not even be honored.

@Boseley I also recieved the same email as you have and this was 3 weeks ago now.... 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Barnes210 

Tom

It's a shame I have had to chase and escalate an advertised offer... With risk that the offer ID Mobile are still advertising may not even be honored.

@Boseley I also recieved the same email as you have and this was 3 weeks ago now.... 

@Barnes210 I actually got an email confirming they were going to pay the extra 150 and I've seen received the money. No one ever called back regarding the complaint though surprise surprise. Whole process is a job it's quite a scam really.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Boseley,

Sorry to hear you didn’t receive a callback.

We can pass on any internal feedback if needed.

Trade-ins are handled via Carphone Warehouse so we can only chase with them regarding this.

Have you and @Barnes210  both received the £150.00 since or did you still need help?

I can send you a PM here to look into this further if needed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?