Scam final demand letter

I have received a final demand letter threatening further action if I don't pay £69.  I am not paying.  I am not falling for your scam and reported to Action Fraud and CAB.  I had never heard of ID  mobile until today, probably a bogus firm trying to scam innocent people out of their hard earned money.  The letter has no proper contact details and only a post box address.  BEWARE.  

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

My mother received similar today... Very concerning, and being asked for a crime number from Action Fraud before ID Mobile will do anything further, and Action Fraud's reporting tool is currently down while they only take calls on weekdays.

My personal view is that any negative credit ratings, or costs of resolving this, should be recovered from ID Mobile, as this is a contract they have entered into, and then passed on an innocent person's details to credit agencies as well as potentially debt collection firms.

I appreciate there is fraud involved, but that doesn't justify marks being made against an innocent person's credit, or costs being incurred by them - it is down to ID mobile to ensure greater control when allowing people to take out contracts.

Remember Carphone Warehouse may itself be part of the issue, as they have, in the past, experienced a significant data breach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @GillianA,

I can see that we have already sent you a PM and we will  be happy to help you out there.

Kash

Kash, I emailed you yesterday with the details of the bogus letter I received, and am waiting for a response.  I am distressed about this and hope to hear from you soon that my name has been taken off the account, which I know nothing about.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GillianA 

So we can look into this here, please respond to the PM we’ve sent you about this.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Tom

I have not received a message from you.  I have heard nothing from anyone at your organisation.   I replied to a message from someone called Kash but haven't heard anything from that person either.  You cannot just send out final demand to someone who has not signed a contract and agreed to your terms.  Please provide me with the contract so I can take it to the police as it is fraud. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @GillianA 

I can see we’ve sent you a private message, however you haven’t responded to it, please get in touch with us there so we can assist further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have also received a scam letter - suspiciously also for £69. I have never had contact with ID mobile but have bought something through Currys. Given there are a number of people with these scams perhaps currys have had a GDPR fail? Either way, I do not and never have had a mobile phone through Currys or ID mobile so I'd love to know how someone setup an account with you in my name. I'd like this sorted please.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @John Siddorn,

Currys have not had a breach. Fraudsters are able to purchase a fraudulent contract in your name if they are able to gain access to your personal details.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Had a letter arrive today 03/06/23 demanding £34.99 and never heard of this outfit. Finally got to ‘chat’ online with someone and all they were interested in was; Have you got a crime number and we will ‘help’ you’. This company is now added to my, ‘Never Do Business With Ever’ list.

I’m emailing the Rohit Vedi to see what he has to say and then the MD of Currys!

Had a letter arrive today 03/06/23 demanding £34.99 and never heard of this outfit. Finally got to ‘chat’ online with someone and all they were interested in was; Have you got a crime number and we will ‘help’ you’. This company is now added to my, ‘Never Do Business With Ever’ list.

I’m emailing the Rohit Vedi to see what he has to say and then the MD of Currys!

ID Mobile......Please delete the fraudulent account number: 12947947 and remove any details from my credit score. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Have you obtained a crime reference number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dave Halstead 

Sorry to hear you have fallen victim to fraud.

Fraudsters have been able to gain access to your personal details and used these to purchase a fraudulent contract here.

We can report this to our Fraud Team but we do need you to report this to Action Fraud to obtain a crime reference number first.

Have you been able to do this as above?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?