Question

Signal problem

I have service when I am connected to my WiFi but the second I am no longer on WiFi my service is gone and I cannot seem to connect via my mobile data. 

Why is this happening and what can I do? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you got the mobile data setting turned ON on your mobile phone @XHannahx XRebeccax?  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @XHannahx XRebeccax. @andewhite is correct, the first step would be to double check that your mobile data is definitely switched on. It would also help if you’re able to reset your network settings in your phone settings, or even do a simple phone restart. 

There are also a few other troubleshooting methods that you can do to attempt to isolate the issue. If you’re able to test your SIM in another phone, this can help rule out if it’s a SIM card issue, or a handset fault. 

Trying a replacement iD SIM can also work. You’ll be able to pick up a free replacement in any Currys store and activate this on your iD mobile app. 

If your calls and texts are also affected, this could point to a network outage in your local area. You’ll be able to check for any outages via the link below:

http://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need any further help, just let us know.

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?