Question

Sim Card

I received a new sim card yesterday, popped it in my phone (OPPO A54). I activated it, sent a text to check it worked, all worked fine. This morning no sim card showing in the settings. I provided a PAC code when I ordered the phone to keep my current EE number. Is the sim card disabled till the porting process is complete, or is the sim likely to be faulty? I have already tried all the recommended tasks, reseating and cleaning the sim 

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your number transfer is taking place today @Antony1234.

There’s often several hours, or more, between your old provider’s SIM becoming inactive, and the number you want to keep working with your iD SIM card.

Good luck. 

I understand it takes time, was told it should be done by 21st April. It’s showing as no sim card in the phone. If I move the sim to slot 2, I get the message ‘ disable esim to use sim 2’. Should this happen?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you were using an EE eSIM, you might find it takes a long time to sort this out @Antony1234.

What does EE advise about number transfers from an eSIM, when you’re transferring from the EE network?

I am not using an eSIM, it’s always been a physical sim and I can’t find any settings on the phone for eSIM. The OPPO A54 is not eSIM compatible

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the following steps will help with this issue:

1. Turn OFF your OPPO.
  2. Remove the iD SIM card.
  3. Turn ON your OPPO, and perform a Network Reset.
  4. Once step (3) has completed, turn OFF your OPPO.
  5. Insert the iD SIM card, in slot 1.
  6. Turn ON your OPPO.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite and @Antony1234 : I have exactly same issue. I tested the ID SIM card, then made a porting request for the 20th April. Now in situation like you. 

@solarpower03 I think they must disable the card until the porting process is complete. My EE sim is still active and working fine. The ID Mobile sim shows up as ‘No SIM card’ under settings. I just want someone to clarify if the sim card is disabled till porting is complete

Userlevel 1

@solarpower03 I think they must disable the card until the porting process is complete. My EE sim is still active and working fine. The ID Mobile sim shows up as ‘No SIM card’ under settings. I just want someone to clarify if the sim card is disabled till porting is complete

@Antony1234 : Not sure but if you put ID SIM in another device, it will be read- this is what I am noticing.

@solarpower03  I don’t have another device to try that one

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Antony1234, maybe someone from iD will confirm in due course.

However, iD charge you from the date of dispatch of your order item(s) as the iD SIM card is supplied active and ready to use. If your new SIM card’s been disabled until your transfer is completed, you might be overcharged.

For a quicker response, I’d recommend contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance. 

The iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Seems this might be the case @Antony1234 - maybe someone from iD will confirm in due course.

However, iD charge you from the date of dispatch of your order item(s) as the iD SIM card is supplied active and ready to use. If your new SIM card’s been disabled until your transfer is completed, you might be overcharged.

For a quicker response, I’d recommend contacting the iD social media customer support team privately by using Facebook (with Messenger), or Twitter (by DM) for assistance. 

@andewhite, thanks, as I said I am in similar situation. The SIM card does not seem to disabled - if I put the SIM card in another device it works. The issue is on the main device which I want to use and via which I made the porting request by providing PAC. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems this might be the case @Antony1234 - maybe someone from iD will confirm in due course.

@andewhite, thanks, as I said I am in similar situation. The SIM card does not seem to disabled - if I put the SIM card in another device it works. The issue is on the main device which I want to use and via which I made the porting request by providing PAC. 

If the new iD SIM card works in another device okay, it sounds like there’s an issue with the device you’re planning to use with your new iD SIM card.

Difficult to speculate what might be causing that to happen - have you got another provider’s SIM card to try in the device you’re planning to use with your new iD SIM card @solarpower03?

@andewhite I tried your suggestion to reset the network, no change

Userlevel 1

If the new iD SIM card works in another device okay, it sounds like there’s an issue with the device you’re planning to use with your new iD SIM card.

Difficult to speculate what might be causing that to happen - have you got another provider’s SIM card to try in the device you’re planning to use with your new iD SIM card @solarpower03?

@andewhite : The current provider SIM card (Plusnet) works. I have another ID Mobile SIM (that we use), works on the device as well. FYI, we have ‘two identical devices’. One we got on ID mobile a week ago, and when everything seemed okay, I am trying to switch the other device to ID mobile SIM as well.

@solarpower03 it certainly sounds like the sim card disabled for porting. We both have a previous provider that’s working fine. I am sure my sim might work if I tried it in another device. We have both asked to keep our original number and the sim initially worked and activated. I am surprised it is showing as No SIM card

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The “No SIM card” message usually means the handset is not detecting a SIM card in the device’s SIM card holder. 

Perhaps everything will work nicely once your number transferred requests have been completed by iD Mobile.

Last week iD Mobile had numerous issues processing number transfer requests - hopefully they’re getting back to normal - good luck @Antony1234 and @solarpower03

Userlevel 1

The “No SIM card” message usually means the handset is not detecting a SIM card in the device’s SIM card holder. 

Perhaps everything will work nicely once your number transferred requests have been completed by iD Mobile.

Last week iD Mobile had numerous issues processing number transfer requests - hopefully they’re getting back to normal - good luck @Antony1234 and @solarpower03

What I have done is - put the ID SIM in another spare device. At least there, it works where I get text messages and can phone. I registered with ID Mobile via this device as I need to receive the security text. Once the number is ported, I would try to use in my main device

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @solarpower03 & @Antony1234 

The SIM card wouldn’t be disabled until a port is complete, the SIM card is active once it’s dispatched.

Are you still having issues with this? If the SIM card works in another device just fine it’d indicate that the SIM is working completely fine and the issue may be the device, it could be worth discussing this with Oppo directly to see if they have any suggestions.

We support the Oppo A54 so as long as the device is provisioned correctly there shouldn’t be any issues with our SIM in that device, I’m sorry I don’t have much more information to give on this one.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?