Solved

SIM Card not delivered

Userlevel 1

My SIM-only card was ordered on 02/May and there’s still no sign of it.

In the meantime, my number from the old sim has been automatically ported, so the old sim no longer works, and I have been left with no mobile access!

There’s conflicting info on the ID mobile website about whether the SIM was due to be delivered by Royal Mail or DPD. In either case there’s been no email to say it was coming.

The ID mobile site makes it almost impossible to flag this with anyone.

If this is the level of customer service I can expect, I’m already starting to regret switching to ID mobile 😞

Can someone please get in touch to chase this up.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 May 2023, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The iD website says it takes 3-5 working days for SIM cards to be delivered @harshak1970.

iD Mobile usually dispatch their SIM cards using Royal Mail post, without tracking information. 
If your order was dispatched more than 5 working days ago, unfortunately it might’ve been lost in transit.

Have you tried contacting the iD customer support team on Facebook or Twitter?
You can do this privately using Facebook Messenger, or by sending a Twitter direct message.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite will try contacting them via Facebook messenger 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @harshak1970 

As mentioned above by @andewhite the SIM would take 3-5 working days to be delivered via Royal Mail, a SIM ordered on the 2nd may take until 11/05/23 to arrive.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom I contacted support via Facebook messenger as @andewhite suggested and they confirmed the sim was most likely lost in transit and would send a replacement for next-day delivery.

Thanks for the help both!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @harshak1970 

Awesome, glad to hear you got in contact and got this sorted, let us or them know if you need anything else.

Tom

I ordered a new SIM card, paid for it and was sent contract on 19th May but I still have not received it.

I cannot track my order. The ID website says

‘The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 6288856600800052226’

ID mobile customer service is helpless. You cannot speak to anybody.

I cannot speak to friends and family 😫 Any advice?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Janku I got a fairly quick reply when I contacted them via Facebook Messenger - https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/

Try that - hope it helps!

Hi @harshak1970 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have already contacted ID mobile via Tweeter and someone has tweeted saying it takes 3- 5 working days to arrive.

If it is not delivered by the end of today I will cancel the contract and shop else where.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Janku

Glad you’ve been able to get in touch.

We can also issue a replacement to you if it’s not arrived, just reply to us via Twitter and we can support further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I took out a SIM only contract on 8 Sep. I received an email to say the sun was on its way on 8 Sep order REF: 128466987   The transaction number links through to a TNT tracking website which says the number is not recognised.

How can I contact someone to resolve this problem. Live chat requires a phone number and pin which I don’t have!

I ordered a sim on the 19th of September, number already changed but don't have the new sim yet! If it gets lost amd they send a replacement will I still be able to keep my old number..?

Userlevel 1

I’ve managed to sort my lost in the post SIM by contacting ID mobile on Facebook Messenger and going into Curry’s. Replies came within about 15 mins on Messenger and the assistant at Curry’s was very helpful.
Sorry Mevans10. I don’t know how it will work for your number. I had chosen not to transfer my number until I had the SIM activated with my new ID number. I currently have the new SIM with the new ID number in an old phone and am still using my old SIM and number in my regular mobile.  I am due to have my new number transferred across tomorrow so will move the new ID SIM to my regular phone once the transfer has completed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mevans10,

Sorry to hear that you don’t have the SIM.

We can either request one to be sent out or you can collect one from your local Curry’s store.

Please get back to us here and we can assist further if you need one to be sent to you.

@lynneh If you require any assistance, please let us know and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Hi kash,

The sim was delivered the day after I posted this with the number already ported.

Thanks

Matt

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mevans10 

Glad to hear you’ve got your SIM card now, let us know if you need help with anything else.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?