Question

sim card not working

• 31 January 2022
  • 2 replies

I have just moved to ID on a sim only deal. I have 2 phones and 2 sims. one sim is ok but mine isnt able to connect for some reason so I can only use wifi. I have tried the following:

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Vicky Holt,

If one iD SIM card doesn’t work in either of your phones, then it’s probably broken.

Your best option would be to get a replacement SIM, as explained in the community article “How do I get a replacement SIM card?”.

Use Live Chat to speak to iD customer service - type “talk to a person” once connected to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Anyway, good luck.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have just moved to ID on a sim only deal. I have 2 phones and 2 sims. one sim is ok but mine isnt able to connect for some reason so I can only use wifi. I have tried the following:

• Put your phone into flight mode, leave it for 30 seconds, and then disable flight mode
  • Check that the SIM card is inserted correctly.
  • Restart your device.
  • Turn off your device, remove your SIM, and clean it using a micro-fibre cloth. Then re-insert it and try again. 

Hello Vicky, did you purchase 2 SIM only deals? Sorry just trying to better understand the query.

Have you tried the SIM in another handset at all just to rule out if it’s a SIM issue or not?

Why iD Mobile?