Question

Sim Card Two Numbers

• 14 October 2023
  • 9 replies

I recommended my wife to join ID Mobile and she imported her old number across from old network, when she rings me the call is from the imported number but when she texts me it from the sim number which came with the new plan. she is unable to set up account due to SET UP not recognising new and old number.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Has your wife tried a NETWORK RESET on her phone @Neil Cook

The handset user guide usually explains how to do this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Cook,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if this has been resolved?

If you require any help you can get in touch with us here and we would be happy to advise further.

Kash

yes I tried the network reset, if she rings me or text me its from the new sim card that came with her new phone, but if i ring the old number which she is keeping from old phone network it still rings the new phone, 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like Apple iMessage or Google Messages RCS (“Chat features” option) hasn’t recognised that your wife’s mobile device has been assigned a different mobile number @Neil Cook

If you wife has an iPhone, the following steps might help:

• Update the phone number:
  1. Go to Settings > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > Contactable At
  2. Choose Edit
  3. Enter your chosen number, using +44 instead of the first 0
  4. Tap Save
  • Reset iMessage settings:
  1. Go to Settings > Messages
  2. Toggle iMessage to OFF and then back to ON
  3. Once iMessage has been activated, scroll to Send & Receive to check if the right mobile number is ticked
  • Reset FaceTime settings:
  1. Go to Settings > FaceTime
  2. Toggle FaceTime to OFF and then back to ON
  3. Once FaceTime has been activated, scroll down and check if your mobile number is ticked under You can be reached by FaceTime at

If your wife has an Android device, the following might be worth a try might be: 

1. Turn OFF RCS chats (“Chat features”) in the Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF your handset and remove the SIM card.
  3. Check no fingerprints are visible on the SIM card, before re-inserting the SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Neil Cook 

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

If so and you’re still having issues, please let us know so we can get in touch and take a look.

Tom

Its a google pixel 7

When I Ring My Wife I Use Her Years Old Number From Her Last Provider And It Rings Her New Phone and The New Sim Card. When She Texts Me From Her New Phone with The New sim Card In and The Her Years Old Number I Receive A Text From The Sim Number Which Came with The Sim Pack And Not The Old Number

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your wife’s new phone is a Google Pixel 7, then it sounds like Google’s very clever RCS servers have registered the initial mobile number (that came with the iD SIM pack), as being linked with her new Pixel 7. 

There are two options: 

1. Turn OFF “Chat features” in the Messages app, and leave it turned OFF.
  1. Otherwise the following might be worth a try: 
  1. Turn OFF RCS chats (“Chat features”) in the Messages app.
  2. Turn OFF your handset and remove the SIM card.
  3. Check no fingerprints are visible on the SIM card, before re-inserting the SIM card.
  4. Turn ON your handset.
  5. Turn ON RCS chats.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Cook,

We hope that @andewhite has answered your question and the issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?