Question

sim in ipad cant recieve sms app registration code

• 21 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

So due to my individual needs, I use an iPad and FaceTime instead of phone calls.

But when I’ve tried to register to use app to check my usage etc it request my telephone number of the SIM card, so it can send me an sms code to register.

Smarty saw this problem and had send via email option. I D mobile doesn’t so it’s next to useless as can’t register so going to have to cancel subscription with you!

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps you could temporarily put the iD SIM in a mobile phone, so you can get the security code SMS from iD Mobile, @Dig Bee.

You should be able to use the Messages app on the iPad to receive SMS text messages as well.

Also, iD Mobile say their SIM cards are only supported for use in mobile phones, so SMARTY could be a better option.

Userlevel 1

Actually messaged support business via Facebook and Jim on the help desk via text intercepted the sms code and text it back in fb messenger and was able to get into the app.

👍 Jim fixed the for me. He is a champion as Smarty support is utter dire. Hence why I moved to ID Mobile

Big thumbs up from me for using a brain not a bot to solve a simple issue 😎

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s good to know @Dig Bee

Whenever I’ve used X (formerly Twitter) to contact the iD support team, I’ve always received excellent service.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dig Bee 

Glad to hear we’ve managed to help via Twitter on this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?