Question

SIM not activated - upgrading existing account

• 15 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I've had a pay monthly SIM with ID for years and have just noticed that for the same price in currently paying I can get twice as much data. I called to ask about this and all I needed to do was commit to another 12 months.

That's fine by me so I agreed to the contract and I was told that my existing SIM would just be updated. True enough I got a text last night saying that my SIM is in the process of being activated and it may take up to an hour.

12 hours later and still nothing: can't make calls, can't receive them, can only use WiFi. The app, however, does the new allowances. I use my phone for work and this is a HUGE problem.

Please help.

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It might be quicker to use one of the PRIMARY channels for customer support @Ersy, which are:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Well, I've chatted to them and my life is potentially ruined.

The old SIM is apparently now useless and the new SIM has only been sent today. Not that it matters as I'm almost never home, so it might be months until I actually get the SIM, by which time I'm unable to do my job.

So thanks to the company's lies and greed my life may be completely destroyed.

I am incredibly angry at iD and will look at ways of taking them to court if this is not resolved very soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ersy,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry for the issues that you have experienced.

Which team did you get in touch with?

If you still require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ersy,

We are sorry to hear this.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?