Question

SIM not arrived, number due to transfer tomorrow...

• 5 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I placed a SIM-only order on 30th March.  I picked 6th April for my number transfer date.

My SIM card still hasn’t arrived.  I spoke to live chat, who said they can’t stop the number transfer.  Obviously I don’t want to transfer my number if the SIM card hasn’t arrived.  I don’t want my number on some SIM card that’s lost in the post.

The live chat told me to go to Currys to pick up a new SIM card.  First Currys I went to had nobody working at their mobile desk… Second Currys said they had no idea why I’d been told to go there, they couldn’t do anything.  The best they could do is give me a ‘blank’ SIM card.

Live chat/twitter is impossible to contact anyone on again.

What now?

Do I wait for the SIM with my current provider to stop working, and then speak to ID mobile (if it’s even possible to speak to a human again) to try and get them to move my number to the ‘blank’ SIM card I was given today?

Do I ‘activate’ the sim at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card as a replacement for a lost/stolen one after my number transfers tomorrow?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD SIM cards are normally sent via Royal Mail 1st class post. 

iD Mobile do advise it takes 3-5 working days from the date your SIM card is dispatched.
Your ORDER COMPLETE email message would have the dispatch details.

If you ordered on 30-Mar-2023 and your order wasn’t dispatched until 31-Mar-2023, your SIM might arrive later this week or at weekend - the Easter weekend is the joker though.

Replacement iD SIM cards are free from any Currys store, but sadly staff don’t always know.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @meatgazer,

We can send a replacement SIM out but you can get one for free via Currys then get this activated after.

If you do need help, please let us know and we can message you here to pick this up.

If you don’t get a SIM delivered within the Royal Mail time-frames, then just get a replacement for free via Currys and we’ll sort this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?