Question

Sim not registering on new samsung 22

• 6 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, I have a new Samsung S22 with a new contract, sim card delivered, inserted into the phone and this isnt even registering on either of the phone simcard slots.. tried the help of switching it on and off / airplane mode and nothing is working!! please help

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps you’ve received an a faulty or inactive iD SIM card @tylerb1998 - does the SIM work in another phone?

perhaps, as its not being recognised in another phone.. but then again that phone is locked to another network.. might be the simcard being faulty then..

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Even if the other handset is network locked, the iD SIM should be detected, if it’s not faulty. 

It’d be best to try the SIM in another unlocked phone, if possible @tylerb1998. 

Agree, its not even registering in either my new phone or old phone. could it be linked with when the change over from my PAC code ie old number to new number - i wouldve thought again it would still register?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

New connections get a new activated iD SIM card and new mobile number. The SIM should work in an unlocked phone @tylerb1998. 

Sounds like your new iD SIM is faulty. You can get a replacement iD SIM card from a Currys store, or iD will post a replacement. Just ask iD customer service using the online live chat - agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Replacements iD SIM cards are not active.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @tylerb1998,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised it sounds like you have a faulty SIM card.

We hope that you managed to get another SIM and get it activated.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?