Solved

SIM not working

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

On Saturday (31 Dec) I did an upgrade in store.  Was with ID mobile and stayed with ID mobile.  They did everything for me and I was advised that I did not need a new SiIM as I was keeping my old number and that the contract would automatically transfer over.

It is essential that I keep my old number and I need to be able to make calls and receive them at all times.

I have checked my account and the contacts have been changed and my new plan is showing.

However on Sunday (1 Jan) at 12:22 I recieved a text 'Good news! Your new SIM card is now in the process of bring activated shortly, but thus can take up to 24 hours . We'll send you a text to confirm as soon as the activation is complete."

Not long after receiving this message I was unable to use the phone.  Emergency calls only.  Not registered on network 

I have turned the phone on and off again.  Done restart.  Put the SIM into a different SIM slot.  Put the phone into plane mode for 30+ seconds.  Tried the SIM in a different phone.  Wiped the SIM with a microfiber cloth.  All have made no difference 

I need to go out but can not go without not being contactable and I have no landline so orgently need to get this resolved urgently 

I really do need to speak with someone.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 4 January 2023, 14:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Hiya, in a similar position. Changed to a SIM only account between Xmas and New Year thinking this would replace my previous contract. Also got an email letting me know that a new SIM was to go sent out. This was followed up by an email telling me that my next bill would be the same as the cost of both contracts. Like you I only want to speak to a real person but the Live Chat link is not recognised. Not at all satisfied with the Customer Services options offered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Brian Payne 01 @TWilson,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that your SIM cards have stopped working.

If you upgraded to a SIM only contract we would send out new SIM cards which should be with you shortly.

If you are unable to wait for the SIM you can visit your local Curry’s store and we can activate it for you.

@Brian Payne 01 are you wanting us to double check your billing? When you upgrade you would be charged some of your old plan amount and your new plan depending on when you upgraded. However the bill will provide a full breakdown of this.

If you would like us to double check this we can do so if you get back to us here.

Kash

Hi Kash i would be happy for you to check my bill as I would have thought changing plans would have meant, even if pro rata, the total bill would still have been less than the amount I was paying under the old plan. 

In terms of the new SIM I have not put it into my daughters mobile phone yet as I wasn't sure with the way I am being billed it was seen as 2 different contracts and not a change therefore the new SIM would have a different phone number (the envelope it is with is not clear). Does it have a different number and if yes is there a way to keep her original number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Brian Payne 01 ,

We’ll need to check the account to review this further.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@TWilson 

i have the same issue. How did you get this resolved? I’ve been without signal for 2 days now,

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alicia199090,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about the coverage issues you are having.

Firstly it’s worth checking our Coverage Checker HERE to check the level of coverage we provide in the area.

Secondly you can check to see if there is any maintenance or unplanned outage in your local area HERE as this could be causing an impact with the levels of coverage.

If the links above show good coverage and no issues it may be a faulty handset or SIM card. It’s always worth trying the iD Mobile SIM in a different handset and a different SIM in your handset.

If you have a compatible handset, you should be able to use WiFi Calling to boost the signal when connected to a WiFi network. This will help eliminate Blackspots. You can can find further information on Wi-Fi Calling HERE.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?