Question

SIM-only deals not showing on Upgrades page

• 13 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, my Upgrades page is only showing phone deals, there are no SIM-only deals showing up. Any idea why that is?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Joanne847,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are currently on a handset contract and still in contract and have not yet reached your minimum term you’ll only see handset contracts.

Once you are past your minimum term you’ll be able to see SIM only upgrades available to you.

If you have any issues, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Kash I’m on a SIM-only contract and I’m past the minimum term. Any idea why I can’t see the SIM-only upgrades?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joanne847 

Have you been on the SIM only plan for 6 months? You’ll need to be on any iD Mobile plan for at least 6 months before being able to upgrade.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom I’ve been on the SIM-only plan for about 6 weeks. For the first month, there were no upgrades available. Then after one month, upgrades became available, but on the upgrades page it only shows handset contracts, the SIM-only contracts are not visible. So I was wondering why it shows the handset contracts but doesn’t show the SIM-only contracts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joanne847 

Are you sure the offered handsets are upgrades and not new plans?

It’s possible you’re being given this option but SIM only upgrades may only be available later, however plan changes may be available.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom,

> Are you sure the offered handsets are upgrades and not new plans?

I’m not sure. But there is a big header at the top of the page that says “Upgrades” so I was assuming that whatever is on the page is classed as an upgrade.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Joanne847 

Certainly sounds like an upgrade to me, when at checkout I’d recommend double checking it mentions upgrade and not new line.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?