Question

Sim Only Upgrade to Pay Monthly

• 1 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I am currently on a Sim Only 30 day rolling contract with ID. I have just upgraded to a pay monthly deal (also with ID). I want to cancel my 30 day rolling sim only contract but keep my existing number and transfer it onto my new pay monthly contract. 

can anyone advise how to do this?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile can’t/won’t transfer your number from one iD account to another iD account @Whitleybay.

1. Get a PAC for the number you want to keep. 
  2. Give the PAC to another service provider.
  3. Wait a few days until the number you want to keep is working properly with your new service provider.
  4. Get a PAC from your new service provider, for the number you want to keep.
  5. Give the PAC from step 4) to iD Mobile, to use with your new deal pay monthly iD account, for the number you’re keeping.

Good luck @Whitleybay.  

Thanks so much for the quick response. But, Wow!  That sounds like a real pain in the ass.  I’ve got to go to another provider just to go back to my current network 🤦🏼‍♂️. 

Seems like this should be something ID should deal with in house. 

Thanks again for the quick reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Whitleybay 

As in this case a new account has been made and not an upgrade specifically, the number wouldn’t be transferred as you’ve purchased a completely new, separate account.

If upgraded, the account and number would stay the same.

We’d recommend either cancelling the new plan and upgrading the SIM only plan (if eligible) or following the above from @andewhite.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?