Solved

Sim Pin/Lock to prevent simjacking

• 15 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi.

I wish to secure my number from simjacking attacks. This can be done be setting a sim PIN.

Please can you advise how to do this?

Thanks,

A Users

icon

Best answer by Phil 18 October 2019, 14:39

Hi @a users 

When a PAC is requested a confirmation text is sent to your phone so you would be aware if any attempts were made to take control of your number.

-Phil 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @a users,

This is set-up in the handset settings from what I’m aware, though don’t quote me on this.

Which phone is it that you’re using with the SIM?

Mohammed

I think the point with SIM Jacking is that, it's nothing to do with your phone. The fraudsters simply get your contact details (presumably they have your offer number) and then call customer services and request that your number is ported to a new SIM. The only way to prevent this is to have a password set on your account so that when the fraudsters call customer services to port the number, this extra layer is security would prevent that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @a users 

When a PAC is requested a confirmation text is sent to your phone so you would be aware if any attempts were made to take control of your number.

-Phil 

Hi@a users 

-Phil 

That's good to know!