Question

SIM protection via PIN

• 10 May 2023
  • 9 replies

I want to add a new code to protect my SIM and understand that the default is usually 0000 or 1234.

How can you find out exactly what it is?

I have read of some people for whom these do not work.

Three goes and your are out!

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Topo,

It’s usually one of the two but if your SIM does get blocked, we can get you a PUK Code that you can use to un-block this.

Have you tried both of these already?

Mohammed

Thanks. I should have thought however that ID mobile as provider would know the code since presumably it generated it.

Maybe I have missed something and am being ultra-dim!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Topo,

SIM Pins aren’t really used much due to better security via facial recognition, fingerprints, unlock patterns and phones now having pins to access them.

Furthermore, contacts are stored usually on clould or on the device as opposed to the SIM Card.

Let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hey @Topo,

SIM Pins aren’t really used much due to better security via facial recognition, fingerprints, unlock patterns and phones now having pins to access them.

Furthermore, contacts are stored usually on clould or on the device as opposed to the SIM Card.

Let us know if you still need help.

Mohammed

SIM pins are still used… A sim pin prevents a thief from removing your sim from your phone, inserting it in another phone and using it to make chargeable calls at the account holders expense.

I found the last observation "SIM pins are still used" etc. certainly relevant and I return to my point that if ID ge erases the default why can it not release it to customers.

This has not been answered.

Sorry for the typo...generates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Have you tried both 0000 and 1234?

Mohammed

Not yet because from what I have read if something goes wrong ID Mobile does little to help.

I hope I am mistaken.

There has been no reply to my question:-

If ID generates the default code why can it not provide customers with that code?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

if something goes wrong ID Mobile does little to help.

If you feel that way then why are you with them? Just try the pin’s provided and come back and let others know which one worked for you! You get three attempts so you won’t be inconvenienced either way.

Why iD Mobile?