Question

"Something went wrong" error

• 13 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Hi, I've been trying to change my plan both on the app and website, but I keep getting this error message. I open the app, go to my account > change plan > then I select the recommended plan, and tick to confirm I've read the necessary information, but after I do that and confirm I want to change my plan, I just get the error message. The same happened when I tried on the website just now, after reading the advice on a 2 year old thread where someone else had a similar issue

Would it be possible to please change my plan from your end?

Thank you

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The error is thrown when you try to change to a cheaper tariff when locked in to a minimum term contract. You can only move to a more expensive tariff if still within your minimum term. 

The error is thrown when you try to change to a cheaper tariff when locked in to a minimum term contract. You can only move to a more expensive tariff if still within your minimum term. 

Hi, not the case here. My current tariff is £22.66. I'm trying to change to one that's £22.99, and it's also the only suggested one to change to

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @hiding, if you meet all eligibility criteria below, and you still can’t change your plan in the app or online, you’ll probably need to speak to iD via live chat, Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hey @hiding, if you meet all eligibility criteria below, and you still can’t change your plan in the app or online, you’ll probably need to speak to iD via live chat, Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch! I do meet all the criteria, I'll try live chat now

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @hiding,

Have you managed to get this sorted after contacting or still need help?

Can send you a PM if needed to pick this up if you haven’t been able to get support yet.

Mohammed

Hey @hiding,

Have you managed to get this sorted after contacting or still need help?

Can send you a PM if needed to pick this up if you haven’t been able to get support yet.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, I can't access the app right now, it says too many people are using it for me to sign in. If you could please PM me to resolve this I'd appreciate it, thank you :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hiding 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi, just driven 50 miles to install an iD mobile sim card for my mum. 

Having entered the details and PAC code only to be greated by a "Something went wrong" message. 

Seems iD have a history of this and it's still not been fixed. Disappointing. 

Wasted journey in the dark, elderly Mum stressed and feeling guilty. 

Wishing i hadn't convinced her to move from Vodafone. 

Still getting the message. 

How do i fix this problem in your software? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SimonC 

I’m sorry to hear this, does the transaction number you’re using begin with a 4?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?