Solved

STAC - no communication from iD

• 16 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Submitted my STAC code before 17:30 on Friday, got a “success” page in my browser after doing so but haven’t received any other communication from iD regarding the changeover. Old provider appears to have terminated the service but there’s still no movement on the iD side. Registered my account but it wouldn’t accept the number to be ported - I had to use the unwanted number provided by iD to register.

I also got logged out due to inactivity and now the login page looks like this:

Should I be worried? This doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in any aspect of iD’s services 😂

icon

Best answer by andewhite 17 January 2023, 10:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Using a STAC will cancel the account and mobile number with the provider you got the STAC from @uniquename.

Try using Safari or Firefox when you visit https://my.idmobile.co.uk.

Check your old provider’s online account to see if they’ve acted upon the STAC.

Good luck @uniquename.

Userlevel 1

Can’t check with the old provider - they use SMS-based 2FA and my old number’s been disconnected (and not ported by iD yet)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you got a STAC from your old provider and gave that to iD, your number will not be ported but your old provider’s account will be closed.

Good luck @uniquename.

Userlevel 1

😨

Aw mate I’ve had a shocker there. Any way I can get it back?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @uniquename.

Probably need to speak to your old service provider, and check with them about your options.

Good luck @uniquename 🍀

Userlevel 1

Was fairly painless actually - just needed to reconnect the account with vodafone then grab the PAC and send it to iD, closing the vodafone account again.

Cheers for your help @andewhite 😁

Why iD Mobile?