Solved

Still waiting on old number being transferred

Userlevel 1

Used my PAC code to transfer my old number over. Was told it would be done within 48hrs. We're now 6 days later and I'm still waiting on it being done! 3 times I have been on to the useless chat feature to be told it has been marked urgent and the tech team will get to it. Totally unacceptable. Not great for a first time customer. No-one will tell me how long it's going to take. If I knew it would be this much hassle, I would have went with another company. Total shambles!!!! 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 14 June 2022, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

34 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ddlcook836, these are the iD Mobile porting timescales:

These timings are regulated by OFCOM, so all the UK mobile operators are supposed to comply.

The fastest way to get help with your PAC is to use the iD Live Chat service.

The iD customer service agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays (and 9am - 6pm weekends).

To speak to an iD agent, type “talk to a person” after getting connected to chat.

Userlevel 1

My PAC was used on Wednesday last week. Im still waiting for it to be transferred. They can't give me any information on the live chat. I have spoken with 3 different agents and they've all told me the same thing. The technical Dept will look at it. Its so frustrating. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

My PAC was used on Wednesday last week. Im still waiting for it to be transferred.

Yeah, that’s awful service from iD Mobile @ddlcook836.

The fastest way to get help with your PAC is to use the iD Live Chat service.

To speak to an iD agent, type “talk to a person” after getting connected to chat.

The iD customer service agents work 9am - 8pm weekdays (and 9am - 6pm weekends).

If iD online chat is bust, you can also get assistance by contacting iD privately via their facebook page or Twitter page.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What do the iD agents say when you point out iD’s failure to comply with the OFCOM timescales?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite I haven't pointed this out but will go back on to live chat after work and put this info to them. Thanks for sending it over. They have been unhelpful when I've spoken with them previously so I'm not holding out much hope. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How frustrating @ddlcook836.

Did iD send you any emails or SMS messages about your number port?

If you gave iD your PAC before 17:30 last Weds, your number port should’ve completed the following day (Thurs last week).

If you gave iD your PAC after 17:30 last Weds, your number port should’ve completed on Friday (last week).

Do you still have your ‘old’ provider’s SIM? If yes, is it still active?

Sadly, I guess there’s a reason why iD are cheap and only provide online support - anyway, I hope you get it sorted.

Userlevel 1

I've posted a reply @andewhite but its being viewed by moderators!

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @ddlcook836,

Sorry to hear about issues you’re having switching your number to iD. 

I’ve reached out to support team, and they’ll be in contact shortly. Hopefully we’re able to get this resolved for your swiftly! 

@andewhite thanks for your help on this one. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

@Nikhil P That would be great, hopefully I'll hear from them soon. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Nikhil P That would be great, hopefully I'll hear from them soon. 

🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @ddlcook836,

We are sorry to hear that the port hasn’t been completed as of yet and we will need to take a look into this for you.

We’ve sent you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Regards,

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash done ✔️ 

Userlevel 1

Hi guys, would you believe I'm still waiting??? 8 days ago my PAC was used by iD and im still waiting on my old number being transferred - shocking!! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @ddlcook836 - in your position I’d have made a complaint by now.

OFCOM’s rules about number porting are very clear, and all the UK mobile network providers have signed-up to their rules.

These rules allow for compensation for each day your port is delayed beyond the regulated timescale.

You might even end up losing the number you wanted to keep, if this issue isn't resolved.

Userlevel 1

Jeez. I hope not. I've had it for about 20yr. How do I go about making a complaint? I feel like just cancelling the contract! 

Userlevel 1

It's impossible to get any information from iD. They're telling me they are dealing with it but not providing a timescale or what is actually happening to rectify the situation.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You should use Live Chat, then tell the iD agent you want to make a complaint.

To speak to an agent, type “talk to a person” after connecting to online chat.

OFCOM might be able to help you too, as iD Mobile are definitely messing you around.

You’re 100% sure that iD got your PAC?
Did you ever get an SMS about the date for your number port?

Userlevel 1

I put a complaint in last week, they said they eould credit my account with £5! Its really not good enough though.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I put a complaint in last week, they said they eould credit my account with £5! Its really not good enough though.

Yes @ddlcook836 - agree 100%.

Are you certain that iD got your PAC?
Did you get an SMS about the date for your number port?

Userlevel 1

I've tried to copy the text but it's saying "your post has been submitted. It will be published after a review by our moderators.

Userlevel 1

Yes @ddlcook836 - agree 100%.

Yes. The text said they were processing my PAC and they'll switch my number over. It could take 2 days.

Userlevel 1

Yes @ddlcook836 - agree 100%.

Yes. The text said they were processing my PAC and they'll switch my number over. It could take 2 days.

This was last Wednesday 8th June.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @ddlcook836.

If you gave your PAC to iD before 17:30 on 8th June, your number port should have been completed the following day.

If you gave your PAC to iD after 17:30 on 8th June, your number port should have been completed on Friday 10th June.

Mobile number porting is regulated by OFCOM, and UK mobile network providers must follow the OFCOM regulations - in this case iD have not.

Do you still have your ‘old’ mobile provider’s SIM?
If you do, might be worth checking if your ‘old’ SIM still works?

Userlevel 1

Hi, I've checked, the old sim doesn't work. When you call my old number, it says THE NUMBER YOU HAVE DIALLED CANNOT BE RECOGNISED.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @ddlcook836, so it looks like your PAC was accepted by iD, but they’ve not finished the job of porting your number over.

I can only suggest that you get your complaint reference and hassle iD for an update - ask for more compensation too, as you’ve wasted a load of time trying to get iD to do their job.

If you use facebook Messenger, you might find it easier to contact iD from their facebook page.

Why iD Mobile?