Solved

Stolen Sim

I am a new IDMobile Sim Only customer and have been waiting for my sim to arrive for a week now. It appears that it has been delivered to another address, as on calling the number I get through to Voicemail, which means that someone has activated it. Therefore I will now be paying someone else’s phone bill through my Direct Debit. As I did not envisage this happening I have not set a spending cap. Can anyone advise as I am naturally very concerned about this.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 12 May 2022, 08:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

I am a new IDMobile Sim Only customer and have been waiting for my sim to arrive for a week now. It appears that it has been delivered to another address, as on calling the number I get through to Voicemail, which means that someone has activated it. Therefore I will now be paying someone else’s phone bill through my Direct Debit. As I did not envisage this happening I have not set a spending cap. Can anyone advise as I am naturally very concerned about this.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The SIM is activated at the point of dispatch by iD Mobile and you're billed from that point too. So, nobody has stolen your SIM and activated it.

When did you place the order? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

No need to make multiple posts in the same topic. See my response in your other thread. 

Thanks for the reply.

4th May.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like it's been lost in the post then. It would most likely not have been dispatched until the 6th.

If it's not arrived in today's post then pop into your local Curry's and ask for a replacement. Curry's will charge you a fiver for the privalige, but iD Mobile have been know to refund the fee (in the form of account credit) in cases such as yours. Or message iD Mobile over on Facebook / Twitter and request a replacement SIM (at no charge) if you prefer.

Many thanks Paul.